|Born||Irving, Texas, United States|
|Genre||Science fiction, fantasy, children's literature, young adult fiction|
|Notable works||The Empirium Trilogy|
|Notable awards||2017 Edgar Award finalist, 2018 Bram Stoker Award finalist, 2019 Lambda Literary Award finalist|
Claire Legrand is an American writer of children's and young adult literature, including novels and short stories. She is best known for her New York Times bestselling Empirium trilogy, published by Sourcebooks Fire.
Legrand is from North Texas but now resides in Princeton, New Jersey, where she works as a librarian. She graduated from the University of North Texas with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and a Master of Science in Library Science.
- The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Aug 28 2012; illustrated by Sarah Watts)
- The Year of Shadows (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Aug 27 2013; illustrated by Karl Kwasny)
- Some Kind of Happiness (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, May 17, 2016)
- Foxheart (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Oct 4 2016; illustrated by Jaime Zollars)
- Winterspell (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Sep 30 2014)
- Summerfall (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Aug 26 2014) — Winterspell prequel novella
- Homecoming (available only as a free e-book download from Legrand's website, Dec 29 2014) — Winterspell epilogue
- Furyborn (Sourcebooks Fire, May 22, 2018)
- Kingsbane (Sourcebooks Fire, May 21, 2019)
- Lightbringer (Sourcebooks Fire, October 13, 2020)
- Sawkill Girls (Katherine Tegen Books, Oct 2, 2018) - This book is a horror fantasy about 3 girls named Val, Zoey, and Marion. They are wrapped up in a legend involving an ancient monster known as "The Collector."
- The Cabinet of Curiosities: 36 Tales Brief & Sinister (Greenwillow Books, May 27, 2014) — a book of short stories by Stefan Bachmann, Katherine Catmull, Emma Trevayne, and Legrand; illustrated by Alexander Jansson
- Guys Read: Terrifying Tales: (Walden Pond Press, Sep 1 2015) — a book of short stories by Kelly Barnhill, Michael Buckley, Adam Gidwitz, Adele Griffin and Lisa Brown, Nikki Loftin, Daniel José Older, Dav Pilkey, R.L. Stine, Rita Williams-Garcia and Claire Legrand; edited by Jon Scieszka
- Been There, Done That: Writing Stories from Real Life (Grosset & Dunlap, Nov 3 2015) — a diverse collection of short stories by Gary D. Schmidt, Linda Sue Park, Grace Lin, Matthew J. Kirby, Adam Rex, Jane Yolen, Heidi Y. Stemple, Rita Williams-Garcia, Karen Cushman, Caroline Starr Rose, Lisa Yee, Nathan Hale, Julia Alvarez, Kate Messner, Margarita Engle, Alan Lawrence Sitomer, Tracy Edward Wymer, Dee Garretson and Legrand; edited by Mike Winchell, illustrated by Eglantine Ceulemans
- The Mandigore (short story published in "Guys Read: Terrifying Tales")
- "Claire Legrand - New York Times Bestselling Author".
- "Claire Legrand".
- "Bio – Claire Legrand". Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Claire Legrand in Denton". Dallas Eventful. Retrieved 29 August 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Claire Legrand.|