Coaticook Regional County Municipality
|Regional county municipality|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Effective||January 1, 1982|
|• Prefect||Réjean Masson|
|• Total||1,354.70 km2 (523.05 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,338.98 km2 (516.98 sq mi)|
|• Density||14.1/km2 (37/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||2.1%|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
On September 3, 1783, as a result of the signing of the Treaty of Paris the American Revolutionary War ended with Great Britain. Quebec's border with the states of Vermont and New Hampshire was established at 45 degrees north latitude.
There are 12 subdivisions within the RCM:
Mother tongue language from Canada 2006 Census
|Both English and French||80||0.44%|
Highways and numbered routes that run through the municipality, including external routes that start or finish at the county border:
- Reference number 141109 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (in French)
- Geographic code 440 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (in French)
- "(Code 2444) Census Profile". 2011 census. Statistics Canada. 2012.
- Van Zandt, Franklin K. Boundaries of the United States and the Several States. Geological Survey Professional Paper 909. Washington, DC; Government Printing Office, 1976. The Standard Compilation for its subject. P. 12.
- Parry, Clive, ed. Consolidated Treaty Series. 231 Volumes. Dobbs Ferry, New York City; Oceana Publications, 1969-1981. Volume 48; pp. 481; 487; 491-492.
- Official Transport Quebec Road Map
- Coaticook Regional County Municipality website (in French)