Location of Collinsville, Mississippi
|• Total||15.8 sq mi (40.9 km2)|
|• Land||15.8 sq mi (40.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||463 ft (141 m)|
|• Density||115.7/sq mi (44.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0668706|
Collinsville is located at (32.487906, -88.844205).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 15.8 square miles (41 km2), of which 15.8 square miles (41 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (0.19%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,823 people, 701 households, and 541 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 115.7 people per square mile (44.7/km²). There were 739 housing units at an average density of 46.9/sq mi (18.1/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 86.56% White, 12.51% African American, 0.38% Asian, and 0.55% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.32% of the population.
There were 701 households out of which 39.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.9% were married couples living together, 10.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.8% were non-families. 21.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.60 and the average family size was 3.03.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 26.8% under the age of 18, 6.4% from 18 to 24, 31.2% from 25 to 44, 23.3% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 100.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.9 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $33,476, and the median income for a family was $41,714. Males had a median income of $31,779 versus $21,957 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $17,184. About 5.4% of families and 8.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.2% of those under age 18 and 20.5% of those age 65 or over.
- Lane Burroughs, college baseball coach.
- Ross A. Collins, U.S. Representative from Mississippi.
- Austin Davis, quarterback for NFL's Seattle Seahawks.
- Winifred Hamrick Farrar, Mississippi's Poet Laureate from 1978 to 2010.
- Jimmy Ruffin, Soul and R&B Singer 
- Jennifer Gambatese, a Dancer.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Hurst, Jason (June 13, 2008). "Cohen Adds Burroughs To Bulldog Coaching Staff". WJTV News.
- "COLLINS, Ross Alexander, (1880 - 1968)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved February 2014. Check date values in:
- "Winifred H. Farrar". Meridian Star. November 14, 2010.
- "Jimmy Ruffin Biography". Oldies.com. Retrieved February 2014. Check date values in: