Come and Get These Memories (album)
|Come and Get These Memories|
|Studio album by Martha and the Vandellas|
|Released||June 28, 1963|
|Recorded||Hitsville U.S.A. (Studio A); 1962-1963|
|Producer||Holland–Dozier–Holland, William "Mickey" Stevenson|
|Martha and the Vandellas chronology|
|Singles from Come and Get These Memories|
Come and Get These Memories is the debut album by American girl group Martha and the Vandellas on Berry Gordy's Motown label. Released after the success of the trio's hit of the same name, the album also features the group's debut single, "I'll Have to Let Him Go", which was originally intended for Mary Wells, and "A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Everyday)". Most of the album was produced by Holland–Dozier–Holland and William "Mickey" Stevenson.
Former member Gloria Williams originally sung lead on the song "There He Is (At My Door)" and Martha Reeves later revealed in her autobiography that the song was re-recorded after Williams left with her on lead vocals. Williams backing vocals on "I'll Have to Let Him Go" is her only album appearance. This album also includes a cover version of "Tears on My Pillow" by Little Anthony and the Imperials, and standards like "Moments to Remember".
- Side 1
- "Come and Get These Memories" (Holland–Dozier–Holland)
- "Can't Get to Losing You" (Doc Pomus, Mort Shuman)
- " Moments (To Remember) " (Robert Allen, Al Stillman)
- "This Is When I Need You Most" (Holland-Dozier-Holland)
- "A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Everyday)" (Holland-Dozier-Holland)
- "Tears on My Pillow" (Sylvester Bradford, Al Lewis)
- Side 2
- "To Think He Would Hurt Me" (Brian Holland, Robert Gordy)
- "There He Is (At My Door)" (Eddie Holland, Jr., Freddie Gorman)
- "I'll Have to Let Him Go" (William "Mickey" Stevenson)
- "Give Him Up" (William "Mickey" Stevenson)
- "Jealous Lover" (Holland-Dozier-Holland)
- "Old Love (Let's Try It Again)" (Holland-Dozier-Holland)
- Martha Reeves - Lead vocals; backing vocals on "There He Is (At My Door)"
- Rosalind Ashford - Backing vocals
- Annette Beard - Backing vocals
- Gloria Williams - Backing vocals on "I'll Have to Let Him Go"
- Brian Holland - Additional backing vocals on "A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Everyday)"
- The Funk Brothers - Instrumentation
|This 1960s R&B/soul album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|