Come with Me (Puff Daddy song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Come with Me"|
|Single by Puff Daddy featuring Jimmy Page|
|from the album Godzilla: The Album|
|Released||July 1, 1998|
|Genre||Rap metal, symphonic rock|
|Length||6:11 (Album Version)|
4:31 (Radio Edit)
|Label||Epic Records/Sony Music|
|Songwriter(s)||Jimmy Page, Sean Combs, Mark Curry|
|Producer(s)||Sean "Puffy" Combs|
|Puff Daddy singles chronology|
"Come with Me" was featured on the soundtrack for the 1998 Godzilla film. The song recreates the 1975 Led Zeppelin song "Kashmir". Jimmy Page and producer Tom Morello also supplied live guitar parts (Morello also played bass on the song). The song also features heavy orchestral elements. It reached #2 in the UK and #4 in the US. In France, when football club Olympique Marseille scores a goal, this song is played.
The song used to play for New York Yankees Shortstop Derek Jeter when he would come up to the plate.
The song is currently used as an intro to the final stage in the Italian game show, "Avanti un altro!".
The song has frequently been played during the popular and historical Swedish ski-race Vasaloppet.
Charts and certifications
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2015)
|US Billboard Hot 100||4|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||2|
End of year charts
|Germany (Official German Charts)||15|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||41|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||47|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||Gold||5,000*|
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Gold||25,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||200,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
-  Archived February 22, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- Kaufman, Gil (7 May 1998). "Puff Daddy Rocks 'SNL' With Guitar Legend Jimmy Page". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "Puff Daddy Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Lescharts.com – Puff Daddy feat. Jimmy Page – Come With Me" (in French). Les classement single. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "Top 100 Single-Jahrescharts" (in German). GfK Entertainment. Retrieved August 7, 2015.
- "End of Year Charts 1998". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved December 4, 2017.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1998". Archived from the original on 2009-03-09. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 1998 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "French single certifications – Bof Godzilla – Come with Me" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Puff Daddy feat. Jimmy Page; 'Come with Me')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "New Zealand single certifications – Puff Daddy & Jimmy Page – Come with Me". Recorded Music NZ.
- "Guld- och Platinacertifikat − År 1987−1998" (PDF) (in Swedish). IFPI Sweden.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Puff Daddy feat. Jimmy Page; 'Come with Me')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.
- "British single certifications – Puff Daddy ft Jimmy Page – Come with Me". British Phonographic Industry. Select singles in the Format field. Select Silver in the Certification field. Type Come with Me in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "American single certifications – Diddy, P. featuring Jimmy Page – Come with Me". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- "Best-Selling Records of 1998". Billboard. BPI Communications Inc. 111 (5): 75. January 30, 1999. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved May 31, 2015.