Computer Love (Kraftwerk song)
|Single by Kraftwerk|
|from the album Computer World|
|Length||3:45 (single edit)
7:15 (album version)
Warner Bros. Records (US)
|Kraftwerk singles chronology|
"Computer Love" (German version title: "Computerliebe") is a song by the German electronic band Kraftwerk. It was released in 1981 on the studio album Computer World and as a single in the same year. The song, on a double A-sided single with "The Model", went to number one in the UK Singles Chart.
- The song was covered by Camouflage as a B-side to their 1991 single "Handsome", as well as on their 2007 compilation Archive #01.
- Covered by the Balanescu Quartet on their 1992 album Possessed
- Covered by Slipstream (band) on their 1995 album Slipstream
- Covered by The Album Leaf as a hidden track on their 2001 EP In an Off White Room
- Covered by Glass Candy on their 2007 album B/E/A/T/B/O/X
- Covered by Argentine electro-tango band Tanghetto and included as a bonus studio track on their 2011 live album VIVO
- Covered by Norwegian guitarist Erik Wøllo on his album "Blue Sky, Red Guitars" (2004). An all acoustic version, performed on various acoustic guitars.
- Covered by Leeds band Heads We Dance on their 2009 album Love Technology
- The melody and chords of the song were used by Coldplay in their 2005 song "Talk" on the album X&Y. Prior to release, Coldplay singer Chris Martin asked the German group for approval.
- Paul O'Duffy's 1990 remix of ABC's The Look of Love incorporates a portion of "Computer Love"
|UK Singles Chart||1|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||13|
- Camouflage - Handsome - The Remix on Discogs
- Camouflage - Archive #01 on Discogs
- Coldplay - Martin Sent Kraftwerk Begging Letter on contactmusic.com
|This electronic music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|