|Traded as||LSE: ROL|
|Industry||Bus & coach services|
|John Gunn (Chairman)
Simon Dunn (CEO)
|Revenue||£51.7 million (November 2014)|
|£2.3 million (November 2014)|
- For the aquatic plant, see Rotala (plant)
In October 2006 the business of Zak's Buses, Birmingham was purchased and rebranded Central Connect followed in December 2006 by 20 bus Birmingham Motor Traction. In June 2007 21 bus Ludlow's of Halesowen was purchased followed in July 2007 by 26 bus North Birmingham Busways of Erdington.
In April 2007 Flights Hallmark commenced operating services in Bristol under the Wessex Connect brand after winning the contract to provide two Bristol City Council park and ride services and in June 2007 purchased the bus routes of South Gloucestershire Bus & Coach with 68 buses.
In March 2008, the Go West Midlands business was purchased. At this stage Rotala merged all its Birmingham based operations under the Diamond Bus brand. In January 2011, Preston Bus was purchased from Stagecoach.
In January 2013, Rotala purchased depots in Kidderminster and Redditch from First Midland Red with 36 buses. These were integrated into the Diamond Bus operation. In March 2015, Rotala acquired South Lancs Travel from D&G Bus and Julian Peddle and rebranded it Diamond Bus North West.
In June 2015, the 17 vehicle Wings Luxury Travel operation in London was purchased and integrated with Rotala's existing Heathrow operation. In December 2015, Rotala purchased the Heathrow based operations of OFJ Connections.
Rotala's first acquisition was Surrey Connect in 2005, when Centra decided to sell its Addlestone operation. The business was purchased by Flights Hallmark. Surrey Connect developed and continued to grow and won contracts for a number of Surrey County Council tendered routes. Rotala sold the company in June 2007 to Wiltax.
- Diamond Bus
- Diamond Bus North West
- Hallmark Coach
- Preston Bus
- Wessex Bus
- Transport in Birmingham
- List of bus operators of the United Kingdom
- Companies House extract company no 5338907 Rotala plc
- Propsoed Acquisition of Flights Hallmark Limited Rotala 29 August 2005
- Acquisition of Zak's Bus and Coach Services Limited Rotala 20 October 2006
- Acquisition Rotala 27 December 2006
- Placing & Acquisitions Rotala 18 June 2007
- Acquisition of Ludlows of Halesowen Limited Rotala 21 June 2007
- Trading Update/Acquisition Rotala 30 July 2007
- History Rotala
- About Wessex Rotala
- Rotala buys in the West Midlands & South West Transit 29 June 2007 page 7
- Disposal of Go West Midlands Go-Ahead Group 3 March 2008
- Acquisition Rotala 25 January 2011
- Rotala buys Preston Bus for £3.2million busandcoach.com 25 January 2011
- Acquisition in Worcestershire Rotala 24 January 2013
- Rotala snaps up FirstGroup's bus operations in Worcestershire for £1.5 million The Bus People 24 January 2013
- First sells Worcester bus services Worcester News 25 January 2013
- Rotala buys South Lancs Bus & Coach Buyer 4 March 2015
- "Rotala buys South Lancs Travel" Coach & Bus Week issue 1178 3 March 2015 page 7
- Diamond Bus North West Limited Rotala
- Rotala acquires Wings Bus & Coach Buyer 3 June 2015
- Rotala to buy part of OFJ RouteOne 25 November 2015