|Parent||David Reeves (74%)|
Julian Peddle (26%)
|Fleet||104 (November 2016)|
D&G Bus was formed by David Reeves and Gerald Henderson in April 1998 initially operating four buses on two routes under contract to Stoke-on-Trent City Council. It expanded with both route and school services in Cheshire and Staffordshire with 16 buses by the end of 1998. In April 2005 D&G Bus purchased Wednesfield based Midland. In 2006 following Gerald Henderson's sudden death Julian Peddle purchased Henderson's shareholding in the business.
In August 2011 the Staffordshire business was sold to Wardle Transport with 46 routes, 30 buses and the Adderley Green depot. In September 2011 D&G Bus and Julian Peddle purchased South Lancs Travel in Atherton, Greater Manchester. In August 2012 the Midland business was sold to Arriva Midlands with 61 buses. In December 2014, the route operations of BakerBus were purchased with nine buses.
In March 2015, D&G sold South Lancs Travel to Rotala and in May 2015 purchased Wardle Transport back from Arriva Midlands with 19 buses. In April 2016, D&G took over six routes from Routemaster Buses. In September 2016 D&G Bus took over the rest of the routes which Routemaster Buses had operated. In October 2016 D&G were awarded new 5 year contracts for eight Cheshire East routes which were operated by GHA Coaches prior to their collapse including the 88 Altrincham to Knutsford via Wilmslow service.
As at November 2016, the fleet consisted of 104 buses: 93 standard buses and 11 minibuses for 'D&G Little Bus' services. Fleet livery was originally cream and blue, it has since been replaced by a red with yellow signwriting scheme.
- Companies House extract company no 6918592 D&G Bus Limited
- Companies House extract company no 2568750 Liyell Limited
- Arriva Midlands to expand operations in the West Midlands Arriva 10 August 2012
- D&G Bus Bus & Coach Buyer 29 January 2015
- Arriva Midlands acquires D&G Archived 1 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine Bus & Coach Professional 10 June 2011
- D&G Buses bought by Arriva - owners blame subsidy cuts for sale The Sentinel 11 June 2011
- D&G buys South Lancs Archived 5 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine Bus & Coach Professional 10 October 2011
- D&G buys BakerBus Archived 2 March 2015 at the Wayback Machine Route One 2 January 2015
- 25 jobs saved after BakerBus is bought by Crewe based D&G Bus The Sentinel 6 January 2015
- Acquisition in Greater Manchester Rotala 2 March 2015
- "D&G Bus". www.dgbus.co.uk. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- D&G buys Wardle Transport Bus & Coach Buyer 18 March 2015
- "D&G Bus" Buses issue 723 June 2015 page 84
- D&G Bus take over some services from Routemaster Buses D&G Bus
- "Services - 374810-2016 - TED Tenders Electronic Daily". ted.europa.eu. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- Fleet List D&G Bus
- North Staffs Route List Retrieved Jan 2017
- Cheshire Route List Retrieved Jan 2017