Constantin Schreiber (born June 14, 1979) is a German journalist working for German and Arabic language TV stations.
As a teenager, Schreiber learned Arabic while spending time in Syria. He holds a Law degree and worked as a journalist for the Lebanese newspaper Daily Star from 2006-2007. After that, he was a news correspondent for Deutsche Welle in Dubai and accompanied German Chancellor Angela Merkel on her first travel through the Middle East. From 2009 - 2011, Schreiber served as a media consultant for the Middle East at the German Federal Foreign Ministry.
Since 2012, Schreiber works as a host and Middle East expert for the German TV channel n-tv. In addition, he also hosts the German-Arabic TV series SciTech - Our World Tomorrow which is aired on ONTV (Egypt) and Sultanate of Oman Television.
In January 2017 Constantin Schreiber changed to ARD aktuell, where he moderated early and weekend editions of the Tagesschau, as well as the Nachtmagazin. Since March 2017 Schreiber also moderates the NDR program Zapp - Das Medienmagazin as successor of Inka Schneider.
In 2017, his book Inside Islam - What's Preached in Germany's Mosques appeared in the Econ Verlag as well as the TV series the moscheereport on tagesschau24. For the research of these two works, Schreiber and a camera crew visited almost 20 ordinary mosques in Germany and translated their Khutbah.
He lives in Berlin with his wife and daughter.
Constantin Schreiber is the author of
- Ausverkauf Deutschland. Wie ausländische Investoren unser Land übernehmen., Econ Verlag, Berlin, 2010. ISBN 978-3-430-20095-0.
- 1000 Peitschenhiebe. Weil ich sage, was ich denke. Ullstein Buchverlag, 2015. ISBN 978-3-550-08120-0.
- Marhaba, Flüchtling! Im Dialog mit arabischen Flüchtlingen. Hoffmann und Campe, Hamburg 2016. ISBN 978-3-455-50411-8.
- Inside Islam. Was in Deutschlands Moscheen gepredigt wird. Econ Verlag, Berlin, 2017. ISBN 978-3-430-20218-3.
- "Er ist Berlins heißester Fernseh-Export". B.Z. (in German). 27 July 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Fellowships: Mr. Constantin Schreiber". Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Arabienspezialist Constantin Schreiber verstärkt N-TV-Team". n-tv. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Zur Person: Constantin Schreiber". n-tv. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Ein Deutscher in Arabien: Moderator mit Exoten-Bonus". Westdeutsche Zeitung (in German). 2 January 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Ein deutscher Moderator fürs arabische Fernsehen". Hamburger Abendblatt (in German). 27 December 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
|This article about a German journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|