|Launched||30 August 1997|
|Picture format||720p HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Audience share||0.3% (May 2018KEK),|
|Formerly called||EinsExtra (1997-2012)|
|Sister channel(s)||Das Erste|
|Digital terrestrial television||Channel varies depending on location|
|Astra 1KR||10744H 22000 5/6|
|Kabel Deutschland||Channel 559 (SD)|
|Unitymedia||Channel 312 (SD)|
|UPC Switzerland (Switzerland)||Channel 71 (HD)|
|Telekom Entertain||Channel 91 (SD/HD)|
|A1 TV (Austria)||Channel 45 (SD)|
Tagesschau24 is a German free-to-air television channel owned by ARD and managed by Norddeutscher Rundfunk. It was launched on 30 August 1997 as "EinsExtra" before the introduction of its current name on 1 May 2012.
It is ARD's news channel and competes with Welt and n-tv. Besides news, Tagesschau24 also broadcasts culture, sports and science shows. An HD simulcast of the channel was launched on 5 December 2013.
The ARD digital broadcaster started on 30 August 1997 under the name EinsExtra. EinsExtra was positioned as information programme. Until 2006, the network's programming consisted largely of re-airings of morning shows, talk shows and documentaries from Das Erste Drittes Fernsehprogramm. From 2006 to 2009, the channel turned itself into an all news network, with the launch of a new-centred show, EinsExtra Aktuell . In 1 May 2012, EinsExtra Aktuell was rebranded as tagesschau24.
In May 2014, the "tagesschau" and the ARD trademark were deleted from the logo. For the HD variant, "HD" is below the 24 in the semicircle.
- "tagesschau24 to launch on 1 May". Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 2012-05-03.
- "Neue HD-Sender der ARD über Astra aufgeschaltet" [New HD channels of ARD are now available on Astra satellite]. DigitalFernsehen.de. 2013-12-04. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "KEK/Zuschaueranteile 2017" (PDF). kek-online.de. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "KEK/Zuschaueranteile 2018" (PDF). kek-online.de. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- Official website (in German)
|This article about a German television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|