|Genre(s)||Endless running game|
June 11, 2009
|Latest release||Cookie Wars|
July 26, 2018
Cookie Run (Hangul: 쿠키런; RR Kukireon) is a series of online mobile endless running games developed by Devsisters. The goal is to get the most points possible in the time given while avoiding various obstacles. The games are available on iOS and Android devices.
Cookie Run is a series of endless running games. The objective is the collect as many points as possible within a certain time frame. In multiplayer mode, 10 players are matched globally to compete and get the highest points. The winners will get a higher rewarding goodie chest and will receive more trophies. The player controls a cookie with the controls jump and slide to avoid obstacles and earn points through "jellies". There are 70 kinds of cookies up to date for Cookie Run Oven Break, and they have their own unique abilities and styles. 68 different pets are up to date for Cookie Run Oven Break. There are also different power-ups that make the game easier to play. Some can be selected or enabled prior to the start of a run, while others are activated or earned in the middle of a run. Some of the power-ups include: size up boost, speed booster, and jelly attracting-magnet.
OvenBreak released June 11, 2009. Since its release, it updated to OvenBreak 2 on November 10, 2011. A separate title, OvenBreak Infinity, also released on September 2009. In late 2010, OvenBreak Infinity reached #1 on the iOS App Store in the United States in the "Top Free Apps" category.
Cookie Run released originally for Kakao on April 2, 2013. It was Devsisters' first game under the Cookie Run IP. It later released for LINE on January 29, 2014 and the game has since seen over 114 million downloads.
On June 5, 2018, the LINE version of Cookie Run shut down and was removed from the Google Play Store and the App Store.
Cookie Run: OvenBreak
Cookie Run: OvenBreak released globally (with the exception of China) on October 27, 2016. It is Devsisters' latest Cookie Run game and is at its third season. In late-November 2018, Cookie Run: OvenBreak and Devsisters collaborated with Sanrio for a Hello Kitty event from November 29 to December 19.
Cookie Run: Cookie Wars
Cookie Wars is a spin-off game based around the plot of the previous Cookie Run games. It is a mobile strategy game that was in closed beta, with around 10,000 users testing the game from April 10 to April 16.
Cookie Run: Kingdom
Cookie Run: Kingdom is an upcoming game announced by Devsisters in 2019. Its release date is unknown.
The Cookie Run series as a whole has received success internationally. The original OvenBreak was downloaded over 10 million times and was ranked as the most popular free app on the App Store in 20 countries by 2012. Cookie Run for LINE has ranked #1 in Thailand and #4 in Taiwan for sales in 2014, while seeing over 2.9 million daily users on Kakao in Korea in 2013. Cookie Run: OvenBreak made it in Apple's Best of 2017 for the top 10 most-downloaded free iPhone and iPad games. The game was also in the top 20 free iPhone games in 2017 in South East Asia.
- "OvenBreak - App Store revenue & download estimates - US". Sensor Tower. Archived from the original on April 24, 2018. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "OvenBreak Infinity - App Store revenue & download estimates - US". Sensor Tower. Archived from the original on April 24, 2018. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "OvenBreak Infinity". GameSpot. Archived from the original on April 24, 2018. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "OvenBreak-Infinity, 미국 애플 앱스토어 무료 어플 1위 달성". AVING Korea. November 30, 2010. Archived from the original on 2018-04-24. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "모바일 러닝 어드벤처 쿠키런 for Kakao 출시". This Is Game. April 2, 2013. Archived from the original on 2017-12-02. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- LINE Games (March 4, 2014). "[LINE GAME] LINE Game Endless Runner "Cookie Run" Surpasses 10 Million Downloads Worldwide Within 30 Days of Release". LINE. Archived from the original on 2017-12-03. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- Kim, Dongjoon (April 2, 2018). "'쿠키런' 탄생 5주년, 브랜드 가치 더욱 높인다" ["Cookie Run" 5th birthday... raising the brand value]. 게임인사이트 (in Korean). Archived from the original on April 17, 2018. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- "ปิดตำนานเกมฮิต Cookie Run เตรียมยุติให้บริการในไทย 5 มิถุนายนนี้". AripFan. March 15, 2018. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- "[이슈] 데브, '쿠키런: 오븐브레이크' 10월 27일 글로벌 출시". Navier Sports. October 5, 2016. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- Riaz, Adnan (April 30, 2018). "Cookie Run: OvenBreak Season Three Update Now Live". Hardcore Gamer. Archived from the original on May 4, 2018. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Cookie Run: OvenBreak Presents "Hello Kitty's Surprise Visit"". Anime News Network. November 29, 2018. Archived from the original on November 29, 2018. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- "쿠키워즈 (by 쿠키런), CBT 성과 인포그래픽 공개". GameInsight. April 23, 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-04-24. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "「クッキーラン」シリーズのDevsisters，初の海外法人・Devsisters Japanを東京に設立". 4Gamer.net. November 1, 2017. Archived from the original on 2017-11-02. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "데브시스터즈, 신작 쿠키워즈 해외 3개국 소프트론칭". NSP통신. July 26, 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-07-26. Retrieved July 31, 2018.
- "薑餅人系列全新手遊作品 《薑餅人聯盟》 雙平台上架！". gamebase.com.tw. August 23, 2018. Archived from the original on September 16, 2018. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- Tebay, Andy (June 19, 2012). "[Startups in Korea] Devsisters — Leading the market in Mobile Games". VentureSquare. Archived from the original on 2016-11-28.
- THE NATION (December 16, 2017). "Biggest bites at the Apple this year". THE NATION. Archived from the original on 2018-04-21. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- Ismail, Izwan (December 7, 2017). "Here is Apple's list of top apps in Southeast Asia for 2017". New Straits Times. Archived from the original on 2018-04-21. Retrieved April 15, 2018.