Cristian Oviedo Calvo
|Full name||Cristian Alberto Oviedo Calvo|
|Date of birth||25 August 1978|
|Place of birth||Alajuela, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2002–2003||Santos de Guápiles|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of September 23, 2010.
He usually played as a defensive midfielder, but also an attacking midfielder due his passing skills and vision.
He made his debut in the Primera División on December 3, 1997 playing for Carmelita against Alajuelense. Oviedo scored the winning penalty kick in the 2010 Invierno final, helping Alajuela win its 26th league championship.
Oviedo made his debut for Costa Rica in a January 2009 UNCAF Nations Cup match against Panama and earned a total of 11 caps, scoring no goals. He represented his country in 3 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at the 2009 UNCAF Nations Cup as well as at the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup. He also was a non-playing squad member at the 2004 Copa América.
- Hoy se despide Cristian Oviedo, el gran penalero - Everardo Herrera (Spanish)
- "Gabas y Oviedo devolvieron a la Liga al trono" (in Spanish). Al Dia. 22 December 2010.
- “Chao, Christian, y gracias por todo” - Prensa Libre (Spanish)
- Cristian Oviedo Calvo – FIFA competition record
- UNCAF Tournament 2009 Archived May 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2009 - Full Details Archived July 26, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF
- Copa América 2004 Archived October 22, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF
- Cristian Oviedo Calvo at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article related to Costa Rican Association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|