Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mario Cuomo (June 15, 1932-January 1, 2015), unsuccessful candidate for Lieutenant Governor of New York (1974); appointed New York Secretary of State by Governor Hugh Carey (1975–1978); unsuccessful candidate in 1977 Democratic primary for mayor of New York City (lost to Ed Koch); unsuccessful Liberal Party of New York candidate in general election for New York City Mayor (1977), again losing to Ed Koch; Lieutenant Governor of New York 1979–1982; Governor of New York (1983–1994); keynote speaker at the 1984 Democratic National Convention in San Francisco.
- Matilda Cuomo, wife of Mario Cuomo, former First Lady of New York (1983–1994)
- Andrew Cuomo (born December 6, 1957), son of Mario and Matilda Cuomo; United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (1997–2001); New York State Attorney General (2007–2010); governor of New York (2011–present). From 1990 to 2003, Andrew Cuomo was married to Kerry Kennedy, daughter of Robert F. Kennedy and Ethel Skakel. Cuomo and Kennedy divorced, and Cuomo currently is dating Food Network host Sandra Lee.
- Christopher Cuomo (born August 9, 1970), son of Mario and Matilda Cuomo; CNN Anchor; host of "Cuomo Prime Time" evening news program; Former ABC News chief law and justice correspondent; former news anchor for Good Morning America; co-anchor for ABC's 20/20; winner of six national Emmys; picked as one of People magazine's "50 Sexiest People" in 1997.
- Maria Cuomo Cole, producer of social impact films at Cuomo Cole Prods, Chairman of Help USA. Daughter of Mario Cuomo, married Kenneth Cole, a well-known New York fashion designer.
- Mario Cuomo's daughter Margaret I. Cuomo is a medical doctor.
- "Immaculata Cuomo, 92, Governor's Mother" (April 25, 1995), New York Times.
- Silber, Kenneth (March 15, 1993). "New testing ground for the other Cuomo - Andrew Cuomo, son of New York State Governor Mario Cuomo". Insight on the News.
- "AG Andrew Dating Foodie". New York Post. December 8, 2008. Archived from the original on May 9, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- "A TV Cook’s Next Serving? Cuomo Family Style" by Michael Barbaro, The New York Times, May 15, 2010. "Sandra Lee has built an empire with her simple cooking advice, and as Andrew M. Cuomo’s companion, she may soon be hosting parties at the governor’s mansion." Retrieved 2010-05-15.