Richardson with the Buffalo Bills
|No. 73 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:||December 27, 1990|
|Place of birth:||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||343 lb (156 kg)|
|High school:||Fort Worth (TX) North Crowley|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 5 / Pick: 153|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Cyril Joseph Richardson (born December 27, 1990) is an American football guard for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Baylor, where he was a unanimous All-American.
A native of New Orleans, Richardson attended L.B. Landry High School in Algiers as freshman on the junior varsity team. Richardson left New Orleans with his parents, Albert Joseph and Anita Richardson, during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. They moved to the suburbs of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where Richardson attended Baker High School for his sophomore year. A late-season addition to the Baker football team, he rarely played before the family moved to Fort Worth, Texas, in October 2006.
In Fort Worth, Richardson enrolled at North Crowley High School, where he joined the football varsity but did not play during his junior season for academic reasons. Finally returning to the field as a senior, Richardson was named first-team All-District 3-5A in 2008. North Crowley advanced to the first round of the UIL playoffs, losing 21–0 to Luke Joeckel's Arlington.
Regarded as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, Richardson was ranked as the No. 90 offensive tackle prospect in the class of 2009, which was headed by D. J. Fluker and Mason Walters. He drew limited interest from several Big 12 schools, and eventually signed with Baylor.
After being redshirted as a freshman in 2009, Richardson played in 12 games in 2010, with four starts on an offensive line that also included Danny Watkins at left tackle and Robert Griffin at right tackle. Richardson totaled 63 knockdowns and averaged coach's grade of 80.5. As a sophomore in 2011, Richardson replaced Watkins at left tackle, starting all 13 games of the season to protect quarterback Robert Griffin III's blindside.
As a junior in 2012, Richardson moved back inside to left guard and started 12 of 13 games, as redshirt freshman Spencer Drango took over as left tackle. Richardson posted a team-best average coaches grade of 89.8 percent and team-high 105 knockdowns on the season. He was selected 2012 Big 12 Offensive Lineman of Year by league coaches, and also earned various All-America honors (second team: AP, SI.com, CBSSports; third team: Phil Steele) and unanimous first-team All-Big 12 selection.
As a senior in 2013, Richardson anchored Baylor's offensive line at left guard, in an offense that averaged 76.4 plays in their first five games, piling up 714.4 yards per game. He earned mid-season All-American honors by ESPN as the only selection from an unbeaten Baylor Bears team.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 in||329 lb||34 5⁄8 in||9 1⁄2 in||5.36 s||4.83 s||7.70 s||25 1⁄2 in||7 ft 7 in||25 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round, 153rd overall. He played in 12 games as a rookie, making four starts. On September 4, 2015, he was released by the Bills. On September 6, 2015, the Bills signed Richardson to their practice squad.
- "Baylor Bears' star lineman cherishes his blessings after Katrina". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. November 27, 2013.
- "Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals.com offensive tackles 2009".
- "Marcus Mariota, Mike Evans headline midseason All-America team". ESPN. October 15, 2013.
- "Cyril Richardson - Baylor, OG : 2014 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile".
- "CBS Sports has Baylor guard Cyril Richardson as No. 13 NFL prospect out of top 1000 players". College Sports Blog.
- "High 5: RB Todd Gurley among CFB's most physical players". NFL.com.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Cyril Richardson".
- "2014 NFL Draft results: Buffalo Bills pick Cyril Richardson". Buffalo Rumblings.
- Brown, Chris (September 4, 2015). "Leodis McKelvin to Reserve/NFI as Bills release 16". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- "Bills add C Gabe Ikard to 53-man roster; Five signed to practice squad". BuffaloBills.com. September 6, 2015. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- Jackson, Zac (January 4, 2016). "Bills extend four, sign seven to futures contracts". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Mike Rodak (2016-09-02). "Bills cut projected starting linebacker Manny Lawson". espn.com. Retrieved 2016-09-02.
- Mayer, Larry (November 15, 2016). "Bears put Long on IR, activate Wilson". ChicagoBears.com.
- Mayer, Larry (January 3, 2017). "Bears sign 8 to reserve/futures deals". ChicagoBears.com.