DJs from Mars
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Djs from Mars|
|Labels||Dance and Love|
Djs from Mars is an Italian DJ and production team, composed of Max Aqualuce (born August 3, 1979 in Turin), Luca Ventafunk (born February 29, 1976 in Turin). They are known for their mash-ups of popular songs turned into electro dance music.
The project started in 2003 after the meeting of young producers Luca Emanuele Ventafridda (aka Ventafunk) and Massimiliano Garino (aka Aqualuce), in Bliss Corporation, an Italian label famous for the project of Eiffel65 in the late 1990s. Both of them were producing songs for the label under different nicknames. It was only after a few years and several tracks together that they initiated the common project "Djs From Mars" and then later in 2015 they added on James Blake (aka J-Blaze) as a consultant.
The duo produced a few songs receiving airplay in Italy such as "Non Dormo Più", "Dirty Mary" and "Don't Give Up". Being among their lesser known releases, it was not until they started releasing bootlegs and mash-ups that the audience's attention turned to them. Their specialty is the ability to mix previously existing successful songs and turning them into electronic music tracks. Among their remixes and bootlegs, Djs From Mars released in 2011 their first single in 2 years, entitled "Insane (In Da Brain)" with the singer Fragma, licensing it in over 15 countries.
Lady Gaga featured their bootlegs of "Metallica vs Lady Gaga" on Twitter. Their productions are frequently featured on YouTube, as well. The duo received over 10 million views on their channel, and reached the 100.000 fans mark on their Facebook fan page in May 2012.
Famous for wearing cardboard boxes on their heads while playing live, they performed at a number of night clubs and events over the world including Europe, USA, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Canada, and China. They opened for Tiesto in Atlantic City in March 2011.
- Alien Nation vol.1
- Alien Nation vol.2
- Bootzilla: Vol. 2
- Bootzilla: Vol. 3
Singles & EPs
- Non Dormo Più - (Bliss Corporation)
- Open Sesame - (Movimental)
- Kipo Mambo (Mama Made a Disco Groove)
- The Motherfucker - (GreenPark)
- Who Gives A Fuck About Deejays - (The Dominion)
- Dirty Mary (My Name Is)
- Saturday Night On The Moon
- Suono & Immagine
- Don't Give Up
- Revolution Radio - as db Pure vs Djs From Mars
- Luv 2 Like It - as Rico Bernasconi vs Djs From Mars
- Club Bizarre - as Brooklyn Bounce vs Djs From Mars
- Insane (In Da Brain) - as Djs From Mars feat. Fragma
- Phat Ass Drop (How To Produce A Club Track Today)
- Welcome To The Darkside - as Djs From Mars vs David Puentez
- Hardcore Vibes - as Djs From Mars vs Picco
- Devil In My Brain - as Djs From Mars vs. Carnival ft. James F. Dini
- Unconditional Symphony -as Djs From Mars vs.The Urban Love
- The Night Rave Before Christmas EP
- Raving Bad EP
- Djs From Mars - Biografia e video girato a Torino
- Pace, Nicole (2011-04-11). "Review: Tiesto @ Taj Mahal, Atlantic City 03/26/11". EDM NYC. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Area Events (2011-03-19). "03.26.2011 : Tiësto : Mark G. Etess Arena, Taj Mahal - Atlantic City, NJ". Facebook. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Lescharts.com – DJs From Mars feat. Fragma – Insane (In Da Brain)" (in French). Les classement single.