Dan Connor (American football)
Connor in 2010 with the Carolina Panthers
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||November 2, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Wallingford, Pennsylvania|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||241 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||Wallingford (PA) Strath Haven|
|NFL draft:||2008 / Round: 3 / Pick: 74|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2013|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Daniel Murphy Connor (born November 2, 1985) is an American football linebacker who is a free agent. He played college football for Penn State University and was a two-time All-American. The Carolina Panthers drafted him in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He has also played for the Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL).
Connor was born in Wallingford, Pennsylvania. He played high school football at Strath Haven High School in Wallingford and was rated the number one linebacker in the country. He was also named to the USA Today Top 25 Supreme Team. He played in the 2004 U.S. Army All-American Bowl. Connor rushed for over 1,500 yards his junior season and scored 29 touchdowns. On defense, he had more than 160 tackles to go along with 3 interceptions. As a senior he rushed the ball 231 times for 1,807 yards and 28 touchdowns. Defensively, Connor recorded 141 tackles, 11 sacks and three interceptions. For his career, Connor was 56-3 and started in 59 straight games. He finished with 591 carries for 4,531 yards and 77 rushing touchdowns. On defense, Connor amassed 461 tackles, 38 sacks and 19 interceptions.
Connor attended Pennsylvania State University, where he played for coach Joe Paterno's Penn State Nittany Lions football team from 2004 to 2007. He earned All-America honors his junior and senior seasons at Penn State and passed Nittany Lion great Paul Posluszny on November 3, 2007 to become first on Penn State's career tackles list.
Connor was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the third round (74th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft. Due the Panthers' wealth of talent at linebacker, Connor played sparingly—mostly on special teams—in the first 3 weeks of the 2008 season before a torn ACL suffered during a loss to the Minnesota Vikings ended his season.
Despite reportedly fielding several trade inquiries during the 2010 offseason, the Panthers made it clear Connor would compete for a starting job that season after the team released veteran linebacker Na'il Diggs.
On March 11, 2013, Connor was released by the Cowboys.
New York Giants
On September 12, 2013; Dan Connor was placed on the season-ending injury reserve with a neck injury. 
Second Stint with Panthers
On November 13, 2013, it was announced that Dan Connor signed an undisclosed one-year deal to return to the Carolina Panthers.
- "#40 Dan Connor". Penn State. Archived from the original on 2007-08-14. Retrieved 2007-07-10.
- "Trio of Nittany Lions Earn All-America Honors From The Sporting News". Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics. 2006-12-14. Retrieved 2007-07-10.
- "Tebow, McFadden top All-America team". FoxSports.com. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
- "Penn State's Connor captures Senior Bowl Under Armour Award". The Phanatic Magazine. 2008-01-27. Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- Fernandez, Bernard (2008-04-23). "Any team will do in NFL draft for Penn State linebacker Connor". Philadelphia Daily News. Retrieved 2008-04-25.[dead link]
- "Top 25 NFL Draft Candidates for 2008". SI.com. Retrieved 2007-08-14.
- Sam Ross, Jr. "PSU's Connor picked by Panthers, WVU's Slaton picked by Texans". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved 2008-04-27.
- Schrager, Josh (2008-09-23). "Knee injury ends Connor's season". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2008-09-23.[dead link]
- Yasinskas, Pat (2010-03-24). "Panthers turn down Connor trade talk". ESPN.com.
- Rosenthal, Gregg (March 11, 2013). "Dan Connor released on busy day for Dallas Cowboys". NFL.com. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- D adds toughness with LB Dan Connor signing
- "Dan Connor returning to Carolina". ESPN. November 13, 2013.