Dance with Death (The Avengers)
|"Dance with Death"|
|The Avengers episode|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Don Leaver|
|Written by||Peter Ling and Sheilah Ward|
|Produced by||Leonard White|
|Featured music||Laurie Johnson, John Dankworth (theme)|
|Original air date||15 April 1961|
|List of The Avengers episodes|
Dance with Death is the twelfth episode of the first series of the 1960s cult British spy-fi television series The Avengers, starring Ian Hendry and Patrick Macnee and guest starring Caroline Blakiston, Angela Douglas and Geoffrey Palmer. It originally aired on ABC on 15 April 1961. The episode is considered to be lost. The episode was directed by Don Leaver, designed by James Goddard, and written by Peter Ling and Sheilah Ward.
Dr. Keel saves a dancing instructor from dying from gas asphyxiation. The woman is later discovered strangled with Keel's scarf and he is framed for the murder. Steed suspects the pianist at the woman's dancing school who is accused of numerous murders to be responsible. The killer's trademark is to kill his victims by tossing a radio into the bathtub and electrocuting them. Keel is vindicated by Steed and arrive in the nick of time to stop the killer who has married a young woman and is about to murder her and steal her large cache of diamonds.
- Ian Hendry as Dr. David H. Keel
- Patrick Macnee as John Steed
- Ingrid Hafner as Carol Wilson
- Caroline Blakiston as Elaine Bateman
- Norman Chappell as Porter
- Angela Douglas as Beth Wilkinson
- Diana King as Mrs. Marnell
- Geoffrey Palmer as Philip Anthony
- Ewan Roberts as Major Caswell
- Pauline Shepherd as Valerie Marnell
- David Sutton as Trevor Price
Production for the episode was completed on 13 April 1961.