Daniel D. Crabtree
|Daniel Dale Crabtree|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Kansas|
May 1, 2014
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||John Watson Lungstrum|
|Born||Daniel Dale Crabtree
1956 (age 60–61)
Kansas City, Missouri
|Residence||Kansas City, Kansas|
|Education||Ottawa University (B.A.)
University of Kansas School of Law (J.D.)
Daniel Dale Crabtree (born 1956) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Kansas.
Crabtree received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1978 from Ottawa University. He received a Juris Doctor in 1981 from the University of Kansas School of Law. He has spent his entire law career at the law firm of Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP (now Stinson Leonard Street LLP), starting as an associate in 1981 and becoming a partner in 1988. He has represented businesses and governmental entities in complex civil litigation in federal and state courts. He also serves as General Counsel to the Kansas City Royals Baseball Club. He has also served as a Member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee, of the Providence Medical Center and St. John Hospital.
Federal judicial service
On August 1, 2013, President Obama nominated Crabtree to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Kansas, to the seat vacated by Judge John Watson Lungstrum, who took senior status on November 2, 2010. On January 16, 2014, his nomination was reported out of committee. On April 11, 2014, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid filed a motion to invoke cloture on the nomination. On April 29, 2013, a vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination was agreed to by a vote of 57-39. On April 30, 2014, the nomination was confirmed by a final vote of 94-0. He received his judicial commission on May 1, 2014.
- "Firm Completes Merger - Stinson Leonard Street LLP". www.stinsonleonard.com.
- "President Obama Nominates Six to Serve on the United States District Courts". August 1, 2013.
- "Crabtree, Daniel Dale - Federal Judicial Center". www.fjc.gov.
- "Executive Business Meeting". United States Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 2nd Session". Vote Summary: Vote Number 114. United States Senate. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- "U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 2nd Session". Vote Summary: Vote Number 121. United States Senate. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
John Watson Lungstrum
|Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Kansas