|Full name||Darren McCormack|
|Date of birth||29 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 July 2014.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12 November 2010
McCormack, a defender, started his career with Scottish Premier League club Hibernian, but was released at the end of the 2009–10 season. McCormack then signed for Ross County, but he suffered a broken leg and was again released. He signed for East Fife in January 2012 and Airdrieonians in July 2013, then Brechin City in June 2014. McCormack has also represented the Scotland national under-21 football team.
Celtic made an approach to sign McCormack in 2007, but he signed a five-year deal to stay with Hibs. He made his league debut for Hibs in a 4–1 win over Kilmarnock in September 2007. McCormack made his first first-team appearance for Hibs in over a year in a 2–0 win against St Mirren during January 2009, replacing the suspended David van Zanten at right back.
McCormack was arrested for an assault on Hearts striker Calum Elliot on 22 March 2009, near an Edinburgh nightclub. When the case came to Edinburgh Sheriff Court, McCormack pleaded guilty to an assault charge, and was fined £1000. The court was told that McCormack had punched Elliot in the face after Elliot had "made a deliberately antagonising remark to him about their respective football careers". McCormack, who sent an apology to Elliot via his agent, was also fined £1200 (two weeks' wages) by Hibs.
His appearances were limited during the 2009–10 season, making only six first team appearances as of February 2010. He was sent off during the last of those appearances, an Edinburgh derby match. During February 2010, McCormack was arrested by police on Leith Walk and charged with the offences of driving without insurance and driving without a licence. He was subsequently banned from driving for 12 months and fined £500. McCormack's contract was not renewed by Hibs at the end of the season.
After his release by Hibs at the end of the 2009–10 season, McCormack signed for Scottish First Division club Ross County. He suffered a broken leg and was released by Ross County in September 2011.
- Darren McCormack – U21 Squad, Scottish Football Association.
- McLauchlin, Brian (8 February 2010). "Hibernian's Darren McCormack faces driving charge". BBC Sport. BBC.
- "Hibs Player Charged With Assault". Yahoo Sports. 23 March 2009.
- "Hibs defender Darren McCormack fined for punching Hearts rival Calum Elliot". Edinburgh Evening News. Johnston Press. 29 April 2009.
- "Ban for drink driving Hibs star". STV. STV Group. 17 March 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2010.
- "Player update". hibernianfc.co.uk. Hibernian F.C. 14 May 2010.
- "Ross County sign defender Darren McCormack". BBC Sport. BBC. 22 June 2010.
- "McCormack back in game at Bayview". sport.scotsman.com. Johnston Press. 3 January 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Darren McCormack joins East Fife". East Fife F.C. 5 January 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Cowdenbeath 4–0 East Fife". BBC Sport. BBC. 2 January 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- Scotland National Teams Match Details, Scottish Football Association.
- Lithuania U21 0–3 Scotland U21, BBC Sport, 20 August 2008.