List of gay pornography awards
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The following are awards for gay pornography including ones that are no longer given. The list is organized by award and by year for each award.
- 1 GayVN Awards
- 2 Grabby Awards
- 3 Hard Choice Awards
- 4 The "Dave" Awards
- 5 Gay Erotic Video Awards
- 6 Gay Producers Association
- 7 Probe / Men in V menideo Awards
- 8 X-Rated Critics Organization
- 9 International Escort Awards
- 10 Golden Dickie Awards
- 11 References
The GAYVN Awards are presented annually to honor work done in the gay pornography industry. The awards are sponsored by AVN Magazine, the parent publication of GAYVN Magazine, and continue the recognition for gay pornography which was part of the AVN Awards from 1986–1998.
The award recipients are listed below by the year of the award ceremony. In 1998, the first year of the awards, awards were given for that current year's work. Starting with the awards show held in 2000, the awards were given for the previous year's work. For example, the 8th GAYVN Awards were held Thursday, March 9, 2006; awards were given for the movies that were released in 2005. The awards have been held annually since 2000. The current record-holder for the most wins in one year is Lucas Entertainment's Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita, which won 14 awards in 2007. The previous record-holder with 11 award wins in 2005 was Buckshot Productions' BuckleRoos.
The Adult Erotic Gay Video Awards, better known as Grabby Awards, or The Grabbys, are presented annually for gay pornography since 1992, at live awards ceremonies in Chicago since 1999. They have been sponsored by Gay Chicago Magazine, later by Grab Magazine (since 2009).
Hard Choice Awards
The Hard Choice Awards are presented annually by online gay and bisexual male-oriented website XX Factor which features news and reviews of XXX Web sites, gay adult films, print erotica and other forms of adult entertainment to "provide gay and bisexual men with information, news and entertainment that promotes a safe, healthy and enjoyable erotic lifestyle." The awards first started for films reviewed in 1994 and just eleven categories, as of 2009, the 15th year, they present in over thirty categories.
The "Dave" Awards
Originated by Adam Gay Video Directory editor Dave Kinnick and backed by the in-house review staff, these awards were announced for the years 1989 to 1994. Kinnick had a monthly "Video Review" column in Advocate Men Magazine; the results were posted in his column each May from 1989 through 1993. The last awards were published for the first time in the Adam Gay Video 1996 Directory since the column ceased in December 1994.
Gay Erotic Video Awards
The Gay Erotic Video Awards were awarded annually for gay and bisexual pornography by the Gay Video Guide (GVG), a pocket-sized newsstand magazine that catered primarily to fans. The Gay Video Guide (GVG) Awards, as they were originally known, were first given in the fall of 1992. Eligibility for the twenty-four awards that were presented in the inaugural year was determined by release date during a period ending in early October of a given year. Magazine staffers made the nominations and the voting was opened up to "special well-known celebrity judges". The award show was mounted as a charity event for the Aid for AIDS Organization.
The awards continued after the Guide itself ceased publication and were renamed the Gay Erotic Video Awards in 1998. Ironically, 1998 was the last year for which awards were given, at ceremonies held in 1999.
- Kiss Off - All Worlds Video
- Solo Video
- My Own Private Kentucky Studs - Planet Group
- Special Interest Video
- Razor Close - Planet Group
- Songs in the Key of Sex - Sharon Kane and the Johnny Depp Clones
- Best Threeway
- Break In - Falcon[dubious ]
Gay Producers Association
The Gay Producers Association (GPA) was a short-lived but significant group of gay video insiders that was formed during the "heyday of gay video". Their awards show, presented in Los Angeles in June, was considered to be an "E ticket" ride for the industry.
Probe / Men in V menideo Awards
The Probe / Men in Video Awards, also called The Probies, were designed to be the People's Choice Awards of the gay pornography industry. Nominees were selected from names sent in from all over the world; winners were chosen by fans worldwide voting at a website or via mail, fax, or e-mail.
The list below is taken from the Adam Gay Video Directories for 1999 and 2004. Adam Gay Video 1999 Awards lists the awards by the year in which the work was done (the method emulated here); the Adam Gay Video 2004 Awards, by the year in which award ceremony was held. The lists here are incomplete; there were twenty categories in all, including "Best Pubic Hair".
X-Rated Critics Organization
International Escort Awards
The International Escort Awards is an annual award ceremony for male escorts, sponsored by HX magazine, and Rentboy.com. The first awards ceremony was held in October 2006 at the Roxy NYC nightclub in New York City, with Shequida as emcee. While nominees were from 23 countries, half the winners were from New York. Twelve awards were handed out.
Golden Dickie Awards
The Golden Dickie Awards were an award scheme run in 2008 and sponsored by RAD Video. The awards were structured to recognize amateur films and companies, as well as big-studios and ethnic films. Condomless productions were included.
- Best (Amateur) Twink Movie: Bareback Boiz Of Summer (Eurorad Video)
- Best (Amateur) Twink Studio: Cobra Video
- Best (Amateur) Twink Performer - top: Dennis Reed (Bareback Game Room - Eurorad Video)
- Best (Amateur) Twink Performer - bottom: Brent Corrigan (Fuck Me Raw - Cobra Video)
- Best (Amateur) Movie: What I Can't See 2 (Treasure Island Media)
- Best (Amateur) Studio: Treasure Island Media
- Best (Amateur) Studio Director: Paul Morris (What I Can't See 2 - Treasure Island Media)
- Best (Amateur) Performer - top: Jesse O’Toole (The Legendary Studs: Best Of Jesse O’Toole - Treasure Island Media)
- Best (Amateur) Performer - bottom: Sean Storm (Storm Surge: Storm Chronicles 3 - Cre8tive Juices)
- Best Major Studio: Lucas Entertainment
- Best Major Studio (Twinks): Eurocreme USA
- Best Major Studio Movie: Gigolo (Lucas Entertainment)
- Best Major Studio Director: John Bruno, Line-Up (Mustang Studios)
- Best Major Studio Performer - top: Tie: Chad Hunt (The Bigger The Better - Lucas Entertainment) & Barrett Long (Pack Attack 3: C.J. Knight - Hot House Video)
- Best Major Studio Performer - bottom: Francesco D’Macho (Private Lowlife - Hot House Video)
- Best Major Studio Twink Movie: Borstal Boy (Eurocreme USA)
- Best Major Studio Twink Performer - top: Ben Andrews (The Intern - Lucas Entertainment)
- Best Major Studio Twink Performer - Lost Innocence 3 (Bulldog Red)[clarification needed]
- Best Ethnic Movie: Bareback Cum Party 6 (OTB Video)
- Best Ethnic Movie Studio: Flavaworks
- Best Ethnic Performer - top: Ramon Mendez (Best Of Ramon Mendez - Alexander Pictures)
- Best Ethnic Performer - bottom: Shorty J. (The Booty Bandit - B.C. Productions)
- Best Solo Film: Fratmen Up Close: Kelan (Fratmen)
- Best Solo Performance: Kelan (Fratmen Up Close: Kelan - Fratmen)
- Best Specialty/Fetish Studio: BulldogXXX
- Best Specialty/Fetish Film: Damon Blows America 8: Los Angeles (Treasure Island Media)
- Best DVD Collection/Compilation: Bareback Filthy Fuckers: Eurocreme Collection Series (Eurocreme)
- Best Pre-Condom Classic (Re-Release): Two By Ten (2×10) (Marksman Productions)
- Best Bisexual/Straight Movie: Bareback Bi Sex Creampie 3 (U.S. Male)
- Best Foreign Film: Bareback Big Uncut Dicks (U.S. Male)
- Best Versatile Performer: Jason Crew (Jet Set Fraternity Gang Bang 2 - Jet Set Productions)
- Best Newcomer: Tommy Lima (Spanish Playhouse 1 - Alexander Pictures)
- Michael Lucas' 'La Dolce Vita' Sets GAYVN Record, Chicagopride.com, February 26, 2007.
- Rice, G. Zisk (2008-05-27). "Grabby Awards Presented in Chicago Over Memorial Day Weekend". Adult Video News. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- Skee, Mickey (2009-12-16). "Mickey’s Quickies: Chi Chi Lights Up WeHo, Grabby Awards, Kent Logan’s Legendary Body". Adult Video News. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- Guyjoy, Wilder, editor-in-chief (November 1995). Adam Gay Video 1996 Directory. Los Angeles, California: Knight Publishing Corp.
- Lawrence, Doug (November 2003). Adam Gay Video 2004 Directory. Los Angeles, California: Knight Publishing Corp.
- Lawrence, Doug, editor (November 1998). Adam Gay Video 1999 Directory. Los Angeles, California: Knight Publishing Corp.
- Ed Karvoski Jr. (14 March 2002). Award-Winning Men: Up Close and Personal with Gay Honorees. iUniverse. pp. 53–55. ISBN 978-1-4697-0209-4. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "XRCO Winners". Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "The Oscars for Best Male Escorts!", by Michael Musto, La Dolce Musto, The Village Voice, October 10, 2006. Retrieved 2007-09-13.
- "Serving with Honor: Escorts bask in glory at first international awards", The Guide Magazine, December 2006. Also archived at Rentboy.com. Retrieved 2007-09-13.
- "The Rent Boy Awards: Bottom Dollar", interview with Fredy about award nomination, DNA Magazine #82. Also archived at Rentboy.com. Retrieved 2007-09-13.
- "Gay DVDs". radvideo.com. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- JC Adams (17 April 2008). "Awards: RAD Video’s Golden Dickies". Gay Porn Times. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 2010-02-16.
- "2008 Golden Dickie Award Nominations". RAD Video. 1 March 2008. Archived from the original on January 7, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-16.