|Thesis||Crystallographic studies on glycogen phosphorylase b (1988)|
|Doctoral advisor||Louise Johnson|
|Doctoral students||Lori Passmore|
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Career and research
Barford worked at the University of Dundee Medical Research Council (MRC) Protein Phosphorylation Unit with Professor Sir Philip Cohen FRS and Tricia Cohen. He was a Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Fellow at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, USA (1991 to 1994). From 1994 he was University Lecturer at the University of Oxford and Fellow of Somerville College, Oxford. In 1999 he was appointed as Professor of Molecular Biology at the Institute of Cancer Research in London. In 2013 Barford was appointed as a group leader at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge. He has been Co-Head of the Division of Structural Studies since Dec 2015.
He was a member of the Faculty of 1000 from 2002 to 2004.
- 2017 Honorary DSc University of Bristol
- 2006 Fellow of the Royal Society
- 2006 Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences
- 2003 Member, European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO)
- 1998 Colworth Medal of the Biochemical Society
- Barford, D (1999). "Colworth Medal Lecture. Structural studies of reversible protein phosphorylation and protein phosphatases". Biochemical Society Transactions. 27 (6): 751–66. doi:10.1042/bst0270751. PMID 10830099.
- Passmore, Lori Anne (2003). Structural and functional studies of the anaphase promoting complex (APC). london.ac.uk (PhD thesis). University Of London. OCLC 500247667. EThOS uk.bl.ethos.406167.