Lighty with Nanterre, 2013
|No. 23 – ASVEL Basket|
|League||LNB Pro A|
|Born||May 27, 1988|
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||216 lb (98 kg)|
|High school||Villa Angela-St. Joseph|
|College||Ohio State (2006–2011)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school career
Lighty attended and played basketball at Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School. The Plain Dealer named him player of the year in 2005. Lighty averaged 22 points per game during his senior year and led VASJ to a state runner-up finish.
Lighty did not see much playing time during his freshman year. He averaged 3.7 points and 2.3 rebounds in 16 minutes per game off the bench. During the NCAA Tournament, Lighty averaged 7.0 points per game and hit a game-tying 3-pointer late in the regional semi-final game against Tennessee. Lighty was moved into the Buckeyes' starting lineup for his sophomore year.
Lighty was injured in December 2008 and missed the rest of the 2008–09 season. He received a medical red-shirt for the year. Lighty returned for his junior season in 2009–10. As a junior, he averaged 12.6 points, 3.0 assists, 4.5 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
Lighty went undrafted in the 2011 NBA draft. On July 8, 2011, Lighty signed a two-year deal with Bennet Cantù of Italy. On December 6, 2011, he and Bennet Cantù agreed to part ways. On the same day, he signed with Guerino Vanoli Basket for the rest of the 2011–12 season.
On November 7, 2013, he re-signed with JSF Nanterre for the 2013–14 season.
In July 2016, Lighty joined the New Orleans Pelicans for the 2016 NBA Summer League. On July 24, 2016, he signed a one-year deal with Italian club Aquila Basket Trento. On February 24, 2017, he left Trento and signed with Dinamo Sassari for the rest of the season.
On June 14, 2017, he signed a two-year contract with his former club ASVEL Basket.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
Lighty is the son of David Sr. and Emily Lighty. Lighty has a son with WNBA Washington Mystics player Tayler Hill, who was born June 18, 2014.
- Goodman, Jeff (March 7, 2011). "Goodman's 2010-11 All-America teams". FoxSports.com. Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. Archived from the original on October 26, 2013. Retrieved October 30, 2013.
- Bennet Cantù announces rookie David Lighty
- Bennet Cantù and David Lighty agreed to part ways
- Vanoli Cremona tabs rookie David Lighty
- JSF Nanterre lands David Lighty
- Atlanta Hawks fill up their training camp roster
- Atlanta Hawks waive David Lighty, Adonis Thomas, Damien Wilkins
- Nanterre announced David Lighty
- ASVEL Villeurbanne sign David Lighty and Ahmad Nivins
- Pelicans Announce 2016 Samsung NBA Summer League Roster and Mini-Camp Schedule
- David Lighty signs with Aquila Basket Trento
- Dinamo Sassari signs David Lighty
- David LIGHTY de retour ! ‹See Tfd›(in French)