|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Grimsby|
|Diocese||Diocese of Lincoln|
|Other posts||Area bishop of Grimsby (2010–2013)|
|Born||22 May 1953|
|Residence||Bishop's House, Irby upon Humber|
|Alma mater||King's College London|
David Douglas James Rossdale (born 22 May 1953) was the Bishop of Grimsby, a suffragan bishop (and, from 2010 until 31 January 2013, an area bishop) in the Church of England Diocese of Lincoln.
He was educated at St John's School, Leatherhead, King's College London and Roehampton University. He has a Master of Arts (MA) and a Master of Science (MSc). After a period of study at Chichester Theological College he was ordained in 1981 and began his career with a curacy at St Laurence Upminster, after which he was Vicar of St Luke’s, Moulsham, Chelmsford and finally (before his elevation as bishop) Vicar of Cookham and Area Dean of Maidenhead. He retired effective 6 April 2013.
On 11 February 2017, fourteen retired bishops signed an open letter to the then-serving bishops of the Church of England. In an unprecedented move, they expressed their opposition to the House of Bishops' report to General Synod on sexuality, which recommended no change to the Church's canons or practises around sexuality. By 13 February, a serving bishop (Alan Wilson, Bishop of Buckingham) and nine further retired bishops — including Rossdale — had added their signatures; on 15 February, the report was rejected by synod.
- The Reverend David Rossdale (1981–1994)
- The Reverend Canon David Rossdale (1994–2000)
- The Right Reverend David Rossdale (2000–present)
- Bishop David's Blog – Profile (Accessed 26 April 2014)
- Official notification of appointment (Archive accessed 26 April 2014)
- Diocese of Lincoln Central Services Review – Report to the Bishop of Lincoln (Accessed 23 April 2014)
- Diocese of Lincoln Central Services Review – Response from the Bishop of Lincoln (Accessed 23 April 2014)
- Anglican Communion
- Who's Who2008: London, A & C Black ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Crockford's Clerical Directory2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- Church history
- Diocese of Lincoln – Crosslincs, Lent 2013 (Accessed 28 March 2013)
- Retired Bishops' Letter — The Letter (Accessed 11 February 2017; the fourteen bishops were David Atkinson, Michael Doe, Tim Ellis, David Gillett, John Gladwin, Laurie Green, Richard Harries, Stephen Lowe, Stephen Platten, John Pritchard, Peter Selby, Tim Stevens, Martin Wharton, and Williamson.)
- Retired Bishops' Letter — New Signatures (Accessed 17 February 2017; the nine bishops were Gordon Bates, Ian Brackley, John Davies, Peter Maurice, Rossdale, John Saxbee, Martin Shaw, Oliver Simon, and David Stancliffe.
- The Grauniad — Church of England in turmoil as synod rejects report on same-sex relationships (Accessed 17 February 2017)
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Grimsby
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|