|Ceased operation||January 1989|
|Service area||North Shore|
|Service type||Bus & coach services|
|Fleet||31 (December 1988)|
Deanes Coaches was formed in the 1950s as Turramurra-Bobbin Head Bus Service by Ron Deane. On 1 July 1968, Longueville Motor Bus Company was purchased with route 127 Longueville to Chatswood station and Longueville to Wynyard. In November 1970, Barnes Coaches was purchased with routes 54 Chatswood station to Macquarie University, 124 Chatswood to Lindfield, 221 Lindfield to Bradfield Park and 224 Tambourne Bay to Wynyard via Northwood.
In May 1977, a new depot was opened in Macquarie Park to replace the Carlingford and Turramurra facilies. Routes 54, 124 and 221 were also transferred here from Lane Cove allowing the Blaxlands Corner depot to close. In December 1977, the Longueville and Northwood services were sold to Bernie Best as Lane Cove Bus Service with eight buses. In June 1986, route 54 was sold to North & Western Bus Lines.
In December 1988, routes 564 and 565 were sold to East Lindfield - Killara Bus Service with six buses and the remainder of the routes sold to Hornsby Bus Group in January 1989 with 21 buses and four coaches.
From October 1964 until October 1985, Ron Deane also owned Clipper Tours. Shortly before the sale of Deanes Coaches, in August 1988, Ron Deane purchased Menai Bus Service with six buses transferred from Macquarie Park.
The routes at the time the business was sold were:
- 564: Chatswood station - Lindfield via University of Technology
- 565: Lindfield - West Lindfield - Macquarie University
- 567: Gordon station - West Gordon
- 568: Gordon - West Pymble - Macquarie University
- 569: Pymble - Macquarie University
- 570: Turramurra station - South Turramurra via Kissing Point Road
- 571: Turramurra station - South Turramurra via Carina Road
- 572: Turramurra station - Macquarie University via Kissing Point Road
- 573: Turramurra station - Warrawee Valley - Fox Valley
- 574: Warrawee - Fox Valley
- 575: Turramurra station - East Wahroonga - North Wahroonga - Wahroonga
- 576: Turramurra station - East Wahroonga - North Turramurra - Turramurra loop
- 577: Turramurra station - North Turramurra - Bobbin Head
- 578: Turramurra station - Pymble via Bannockburn Road
- 579: Pymble - East Turramurra
Deanes Coaches operated 27 buses and four coaches at the time of its sale. Fleet livery was originally dark blue, followed by yellow and white with light blue stripes followed by white with blue orange and yellow stripes.
- Manny, Leon (1985). Terminus Please. Sydney: Historic Commercial Vehicle Association. pp. 32, 141.
- Routes 51-75 (1925 Numbers), Sydney Bus Routes, Retrieved 4 June 2018
- Routes 101-125 (1925 Numbers), Sydney Bus Routes, Retrieved 4 June 2018
- Deanes Coaches Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "North & Western Bus Lines - Its Routes and Timetables" Fleetline May 2000 page 87
- "Ownership Changes" Fleetline January 1989 page 11
- Deanes Coaches Forster Bus
- Forster Bus Service Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- About Us Deane's Snow Holidays
- "Denning Monocoaches at Clipper Tours" Fleetline September 1993 page 186
- "Menai Bus Service" Australian Bus Panorama issue 4/6 May 1989 page 45
- "Menai Bus Service" Australian Bus Panorama issue 5/1 July 1989 page 48
- Region 12 routes Sydney Bus Routes, Retrieved 3 June 2018