Decades Rock Live!
Decades Rock Live! was a TV series of live concerts. The program premiered on VH1 Classic in the Winter of 2006.
It "featured performances by celebrated artists from rock to soul who have influenced popular music over the last 50 years, as well as performances from some of today’s hottest recording acts who have been inspired by these legends. Each one-hour episode pays tribute to a specific artist."
"Decades Rock Live! was taped at Trump Taj Mahal’s high definition television studio, The Decades Rock Arena (temporarily renamed from Mark Etess Arena for the duration of the series run) in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The music performances are augmented with special features, such as “Decades Confidential”, exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews with artists, focusing on their career milestones, and highlighting their newest releases, concert performances and other endeavors. Decades Rock Live! segments also include “Fan Factoids” from viewers sharing their knowledge of music facts and figures, incorporated as pop-up quotes and trivia in every episode. Additionally, Decades Rock Live! has featured several special themed shows that included recording acts from the past five decades celebrating a specific musical genre or period. Decades Rock! Live is broadcast on VH1 Classic, In Demand’s MOJO Network in High Definition in 5.1 surround sound, and syndicated worldwide."
The series was executive produced by Barry Summers for World Productions, and Eric Sherman, Senior Vice President and General Manager, VH1 Classic. Supervising Producer was Barry Ehrmann. Co–producer was Tisha Fein. Steve Gietka, Trump V.P. of Entertainment was Associate Producer.
- The Doors Of The 21st Century with special guests, Jane's Addiction's Perry Farrell, Macy Gray, Antigone Rising, Vanilla Fudge, Pat Travers, John Sebastian (August 5, 2005)
- Bonnie Raitt with special guests Norah Jones, Ben Harper, Alison Krauss and Keb' Mo' (September 30, 2005)
- Cyndi Lauper with special guests Stone Temple Pilots' Scott Weiland, Train's Pat Monahan, Shaggy, Ani Defranco, The Hooters (November, 2006)
- Heart, Alice in Chains, Dave Navarro, Rufus Wainwright, Carrie Underwood, Gretchen Wilson, and Phil Anselmo (March 10, 2006)
- Elvis Costello, Death Cab for Cutie, Fiona Apple, Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong (May 19, 2006)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd with special guests 3 Doors Down, Bo Bice, Hank Williams Jr. (June 23, 2007)
- The Pretenders with special guests Incubus, Iggy Pop, Kings of Leon, Shirley Manson (August 11, 2006)
- Tribute to The Doors
- Bonnie Raitt - In Concert
- Cyndi Lauper - In Concert
- Heart - In Concert Archived November 13, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- Elvis Costello - In Concert
- Lynyrd Sknyrd - In Concert
- Iggy, Incubus To Salute The Pretenders