Deep Knowledge Ventures
|Founder||Dmitry Kaminskiy, co-founder|
Deep Knowledge Ventures is a venture capital firm based in Hong Kong with an office in London. The fund primarily invests in healthcare, artificial intelligence, big data and fintech. In 2014, DKV announced the use of VITAL (Validating Investment Tool for Advancing Life Sciences) - a machine intelligence that analyses financial and scientific data to better inform investment decisions made by partners and the board of directors.
DKV's portfolio includes Transplanetary, a Silicon Valley-based space development company that aims to make the global space sector more accessible and attractive.
Part of Transplanetary's activities include SPOCK (Space Program Ontologically Computed Knowledge), a machine learning program that claims to use real-time analysis of trends in the space industry to make investment recommendations. The system analyzes publicly available data on commercial space companies, government space agencies, NGOs and academic research labs. The data that SPOCK develops then feeds into a roadmap of space exploration and settlement, attempting to enable investors to identify optimum investment targets, analysts to monitor industry growth and industry professionals to target supply chain partners.
In 2015, Deep Knowledge Ventures incorporated a subsidiary investment fund, Deep Knowledge Life Sciences (DKLS), a London-based venture fund focused on disruptive biopharmaceutical, precision medicine, and AI healthcare companies. In partnership with scientists at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the subsidiary aims to help solve global challenges related to demographic ageing, the rise of non-communicable disease, and the integration of AI with an exponentially expanding ocean of bioinformatic data. The fund has a focus on mission-driven companies with high disruptive potential and support founders who bridge the translational gap between basic biological research and real-world healthcare products that extend healthy lifespan.
- "DKV". www.deepknowledgeventures.com. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Deep Knowledge Ventures". dkv.pandn.xyz. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Deep Knowledge Ventures - CB Insights". Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Deep Knowledge Ventures Makes First Investment in Space". Business Wire. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Deep Knowledge Ventures to Fund Transplanetary for AI, Space Program". ExecutiveBiz. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Deep Knowledge Ventures acquired Transplanetary Corporation". Technology Investment Banking. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "DeepKnowledge.Life Sciences". www.deepknowledge.life. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Insilico Medicine". insilicomedicine.com. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- Inc., InSilico Medicine,. "Insilico Medicine, Inc. to Utilize Deep Learning for Drug Repurposing and Discovery in Cancer and Age-Related Diseases". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "InSilico Medicine Opens US Office, Prepares to Launch Drug Discovery Software for Aging Research Market". GenomeWeb. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Insilico Medicine collaborates with Asia Genomics to develop advanced personalized longevity suite". News-Medical.net. 22 June 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Deep Knowledge Ventures Flagship Investment Insilico Medicine Finalist at GPU Tech Conference". StreetInsider.com. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Deep Knowledge Ventures and Insilico Medicine Enter into a Convertible Bridge Note Agreement to Combat Aging". Business Wire. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "ATLAS REGENERATION". atlasregeneration.com. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Atlas Regeneration Launches, Yet More Focus on Drug Discovery to Slow Aging". Fight Aging!. 9 September 2015. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Atlas Regeneration Inc, New Company Focusing on Regeneration Bioinformatics and Regeneration Pharmacology, Has Officially Launched, Winston Salem, NC September 03, 2015". PRWeb. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- Extension, Life. "Life Extension™ joins with Insilico Medicine to develop advanced anti-aging technologies utilizing artificial intelligence". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Pathway Pharmaceuticals". pathwaypharmaceuticals.com. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Pathway Pharmaceuticals Receives Seed Funding from Deep Knowledge Ventures". FinSMEs. 16 April 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Pathway Pharmaceuticals". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Home - VISION GENOMICS, LLC". VISION GENOMICS, LLC. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Welcome to The Visible Embryo". www.visembryo.com. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Mission: Slow and Ultimately Reverse Age Related Decline for More Healthy Years of Life". Vision Genomics, LLC (press release). 31 October 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "New discoveries in age-related macular degeneration revealed in industry and academia". Retrieved 2 November 2016.