This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Deivis Julio Blanco|
|Born||April 12, 1980 (age 38)|
At the PanAm Games 2007 the tall Julio ran into dominant Osmay Acosta early and lost 2:10. At the World Championships 2007 he suffered the ultimate humiliation when he was blitzed in a mere 15 seconds of round 1 by Elchin Alizade.
At the first Olympic qualifier he was edged out by Deontay Wilder 5:6 but when Wilder and Acosta both qualified the 26-year-old seized the opportunity at the second qualifier to defeat Alcivar Ayovi, Alexander Vellon and Hamilton Ventura to win the tournament. He lost his Olympic bout to John M'Bumba 5:11.
He won a silver medal in the heavyweight class at the 2015 Pan American Games.
- Delvis Julio Blanco at the International Olympic Committee
- Delvis Julio at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- Deivis Julio Blanco at Toronto2015.org at the Wayback Machine (archived 2015-07-23)
- American Olympic Qualifications - Guatemala City, Guatemala - April 25-30 2008. "Deivis Julio".
- Julio Blanco at Yahoo! Sports at the Wayback Machine (archived 2011-05-22)
|This biographical article relating to a Colombian boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|