Headshot of Dermot Crowley
19 March 1947 |
|Years active||1976 - present|
Crowley's stage work has included a leading role in an Olivier Award winning production of Conor McPherson's The Weir, which played in the United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States in the late 1990s. His first television role was playing George Bernard Shaw in the UK TV series Victorian Scandals in 1976.
He played General Crix Madine in Return of the Jedi. He played Sergent François Duval in Son of the Pink Panther. Dermot went on to appear in Call Red, Father Ted (as Father Liam Deliverance), An Independent Man, Dangerfield, Jonathan Creek, A Touch of Frost, Holby City,The Bill and Luther, among many others. He also appeared in the first episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot in 1989.
He appeared in the feature film The Best Offer in 2013.
|1976||The Fruits of Philosophy||George Bernard Shaw|
|1983||Return of the Jedi||General Crix Madine||Also known as Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi|
|1985||The Doctor and the Devils||Mr Webb|
|1993||Son of the Pink Panther||Sergeant Francois Duval|
|2002||Before You Go||Father Cunningham|
|2015||The Lady in the Van||Priest|
|1991-2007||The Bill||Various roles||4 episodes|
|2005||Bleak House||Mr Vholes||6 episodes|
|2007||Foyle's War||Henry Townsend||Episode: Casualties of War|
|2010-15||Luther||DSU Martin Schenk||14 episodes|
|2012||Raw||Dan Kelly||6 episodes|
|2013||Father Figure||Pat Whyte||6 episodes|
- Phillips, Michael (2 April 1999). "Fears Spill Over the Dam in 'The Weir'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- Crowley, Dermot. "Mr.". www.imdb.com. amazon.com. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- "McCarter's holiday tradition continues". MyCentralJersey.com. 16 December 2008. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Archive - The Changing Face of Doctor Who - Nearly Who". BBC. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Hunted". RadioTimes. Retrieved 29 June 2015.