|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Didam (locally, Diem) is a town in the Netherlands in the eastern of Netherlands in the region of "De Achterhoek", province of Gelderland. It is located in the municipality of Montferland, about 18 km east of Arnhem which is the capital of the province. And about 11 km west from Doetinchem.
People in Didam speak a dialect called "diems", and many people speak achterhoeks (which is the dialect of the region "Achterhoek") which is very similar to diems. These two dialect are part of the nedersaksies.
Didam, windmill: Sint Martinus
- Everard Ter Laak (5 November 1868 – 5 May 1931), Dutch Roman Catholic missionary.
- Ernie Brandts (born 1956 in Didam), Dutch football manager and former player.
- Geert-Jan Derksen (born 1975 in Didam), Dutch rower.
- Geert Hammink (born 1969 in Didam), Dutch professional basketball player.
- Manfred Dikkers (born 1971 in Didam), Dutch drummer.
- Jos Som (born 1951 in Didam), Dutch politician.
- Theo Rasing (born 1953 in Didam), Dutch professor of experimental physics.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Didam.|
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|