Doggy Day School
|Doggy Day School|
The main characters from left to right: Lucas, Suki (in back), Lucas (in front), Lili, Koda, and Rosie.
|Created by||Cathy Moss|
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||12 October 2009 –|
The series is about a group of five dogs who have adventures together in the day school that attend. It was designed to teach children that it's a necessity to accept yourself and others, to respect their differences, and that "diversity is something to be celebrated." It debuted on Nickelodeon in Brazil on 12 October 2009.
Doggy Day School revolves around five dogs, Lucas, Lili, Koda, Suki, and Pedro, who go to a day school owned by Rosie every morning. The group of puppies learn about each other and the world they live in, all while having various adventures together.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2018)
- Lucas (voiced by Sonja Ball) is a dalmatian dog, and the mascot of the group. He is easily excitable and curious, even in the most serious situations.
- Lili (voiced by Angela Galuppo) is a charming and delicate miniature poodle. Sometimes she gets bossy, and she loves to gossip. She is also full of fun ideas.
- Koda (voiced by Mark Hauser) is a Siberian Husky who loves adventure. He has a big imagination and a desire to become a superhero.
- Suki (voiced by Sonja Ball) is a Newfoundland dog. She is very docile and sensitive, as she is always willing to help the other puppies.
- Pedro (voiced by Mark Hauser) is a beagle dachshund mixed breed. He is the intelligent street dog of the group, and he loves to eat biscuits.
- Rosie (voiced by Kaniehtiio Horn) is the owner of the day school who looks after the pets.
- Vlad (voiced by Mark Hauser) is a stunt dog movie star who frequently visits the daycare and demonstrates his tricks for the group.
- Daisy is an Afghan. She appears in the episode "Best in Show".
Small is Beautiful
Do the Itch
Oodles of Poodles
Food for Thought
Koda and the Three Bears
The Magic Lamp
Best in Show
Zippy the Turtle
My First Day at School
Let's Get Ready
Dogs with Jobs
Visit to the Vet
Doggy Day School debuted on Nickelodeon in Brazil on 12 October 2009, however the series was dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese. The series aired in its original English-language version on TVOKids, Knowledge Kids, and Aboriginal Peoples Television Network in Canada.[when?]
- "Doggy Day School – Attraction Distribution". attractiondistribution.ca. 3 March 2016.
- "Escola para Cachorro (Doggy Day School) – Mixer Films". mixer.com.br. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Toon Boom Sets Up Doggy Day School Pipeline". animationmagazine.net. 1 October 2009. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Ciné-Fȇte – Doggy Day School". cinefete.ca.
- "Doggy Day School". knowledgekids.ca. 15 April 2016.
- "Escuela para Perros Episodios Completos y Clips – Mundonick Latinoamérica". mundonick.com. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: