Doki (TV series)
|Also known as||Doki Adventures|
|Based on||The mascots of Discovery Kids|
|Developed by||JBMW Media|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||76 (and 5 specials) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Original network||Discovery Kids (Latin America)|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|First shown in||Latin America|
|Original release||April 15, 2013 –|
Doki (also known as Doki Adventures) is a Canadian animated children's television series for Discovery Kids that premiered on the channel in Latin America on April 15, 2013. The series is produced by Portfolio Entertainment.
The series is about a seven-year-old dog named Doki and his five friends; Mundi, Oto, Anabella, Gabi, and Fico, who are members of the Worldwide Expedition Club, a travel group. On May 12, 2016, the series was renewed for a third season, which premiered on March 4, 2017, and a fourth season.
- Doki (voiced by Griffin Hook in seasons 1–3, William Romain in season 3-present) is a curious seven-year-old dog, whose love of adventure makes crazy situations no problem for him. Doki is always open to suggestions and tips from his friends. He learns from his mistakes and applies his knowledge to his adventures. He wears a green cap.
- Mundi (voiced by Tara Emo) is a ladybug, who is also an expert mechanic. She is very honest and always helps others when needed.
- Oto (voiced by Caden Hughes in seasons 1–2, Collin Dean in season 3-4, Lukas Engel in Season 4) is an anteater, and the captain, conductor, or driver of any vehicle or transport method that the group of explorers use in their adventures. His confidence doesn't always fit with their skills and perfect landings. Oto loves to change clothes, costume or hat and almost always travels with his friend Mundi. Mundi can fix what he breaks.
- Anabella (voiced by Katie Grant) is a hot pink flamingo, and the innocent, loving little sister of the group. Always happy and loving, she tends to daydream and can easily get distracted by anything beautiful or unusual. She is deeply sensitive, and she often expresses how she feels by dancing. Anabella has a free spirit, and is open and adventurous. Doki admires her and often accompanies her on all her adventures.
- Gabi (voiced by Sarah Sheppard) is a bright, energetic, and precocious goat who is the most grown-up of the group and often uses complex words that the team doesn't always understand. She has a great sense of humor and is brave, loyal, stubborn when necessary, and very competitive. Despite her obvious maturity, Gabi hides a weakness; a tendency to believe that she is the smartest of the group, appearing insensitive to the feelings of others and her great heart the salvation of all complicated situations. She has a pet worm named Lancelot.
- Fico (voiced by Lucas Kalechstein in seasons 1–3, Roman Lutterotti in season 3-present) is a blue otter, and the silly one of the group who is always happy and known for being funny, affectionate, and impulsive. He's like a whirlwind, impetuous and energetic, to the point of almost being hyperactive. However, he gets confused and easily distracted sometimes, and this situation usually leads to awkward and difficult situations that put him in trouble. He loves risky activities, water sports, and speed.
|First aired||Last aired|
|Special||December 23, 2009|
|1||26||April 15, 2013||September 17, 2014|
|Specials||5||January 1, 2015||July 23, 2017|
|2||26||May 18, 2015||April 13, 2016|
|3||24||March 4, 2017||2018|
Doki premiered on Discovery Familia in the United States on November 11, 2013. The English version later premiered on Qubo on September 1, 2014, and ION Television's Qubo Kids Corner block on January 4, 2015. The "Doki Rocks Rio" episode aired on Discovery Family on August 5, 2016 and August 7, 2016. In Asia, the series premiered on Discovery Kids Asia on February 15, 2016, and Discovery Family in Africa on April 1, 2016. In Canada, the show airs on Knowledge Network, TVOKids and Toon-A-Vision.[when?] In Australia, the show airs on Discovery Kids.[when?] In the United Arab Emirates the show is currently airing by Nat Geo Kids Abu Dhabi since November 20, 2017.
- "Doki Adventures". Screener. Archived from the original on 11 February 2017. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "Doki Adventures Season 3 Full Episodes". MSN.com.
- Topel, Fred (24 June 2019). "Who is the Girl with the Pimple and Spiders in 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark'?". Showbiz Chet Sheet.
Natalie Ganzhorn’s first credits were in 2014, during which she appeared on three TV series, including multiple voice roles on the animated Doki Adventures
- Nico Franks (June 9, 2015). "Portfolio seals Doki deals". C21Media. Retrieved November 4, 2016.
- "Gary Hurst". LinkedIn. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- "Discovery Kids says OK to more Doki". C21Media. May 12, 2016. Retrieved November 4, 2016.
- "Doki". Qubo. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- ""Programación Discovery Kids 2017-03-04"". Archived from the original on March 5, 2017. Retrieved 2017-03-05.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link). mi.tv.
- "ESTE 11 DE NOVIEMBRE DISCOVERY FAMILIA NOS TRAE LA NUEVA SERIE PARA NIÑOS DOKI". Notas de Mamá. November 8, 2013. Retrieved November 4, 2016.
- ""Doki"". Archived from the original on August 27, 2014. Retrieved 2016-01-11.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link). Qubo.
- "Doki". ION Television. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- Daniela Fisher (December 9, 2014). "ION Television launches Sunday morning Qubo kids block". Kidscreen. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- "Doki-YouTube". Retrieved May 20, 2017.
- "TLC's new home". Retrieved August 15, 2017.