Modern Revolutionary Party
|This article is a translation-work in progress of the Partido Revolucionario Mayoritario article from Spanish to English.
If you are confident enough in your competence of Spanish and English, you can help Wikipedia by assisting in the translation.
|Modern Revolutionary Party
Partido Revolucionario Moderno
|President||Andrés Bautista García|
|General Secretary||Jesus Vasquez|
|Slogan||"Democracy, Development and Equality"|
|Split from||Dominican Revolutionary Party|
|Ideology||Social democracy, Labourism|
|International affiliation||Progressive Alliance|
|Coalition||Convergencia por un Mejor País ("Convergence for a Better Country")|
|Colors||Indigo dye and white|
0 / 32
35 / 190
0 / 155
|Central American Parliament||
0 / 120
The Modern Revolutionary Party (Spanish: Partido Revolucionario Moderno or PRM) is a social-democratic political party in the Dominican Republic. It emerged after a new division within the Dominican Revolutionary Party (PRD). It was recognized on 9 September 2014. The PRM is the legal heir of the Dominican Social Alliance.
The PRM directive has announced that it will lead a coalition made up of more than 10 parties for the 2016 general election.
By 4 August 2014, 34 deputies had confirmed their move from the PRD to the PRM.
Dominican Social Alliance
The Dominican Social Alliance (Spanish: Alianza Social Dominicana) was a minor political party of the Dominican Republic. It was founded by Rafael Abinader. In the 16 May 2006 election, the party was member of the defeated Grand National Alliance. In 2014 it was transformed into a new party, the Modern Revolutionary Party, when most senior leaders of the Dominican Revolutionary Party (widely known as los viejos robles, the Spanish for "the ancient oaks") followed Luis Abinader and Hipólito Mejía to found a new party.
Ideology and principles
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2014)|
- "Viejos robles del PRD asumen cargos en el PRM". PhotoNews. 27 July 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- OGANDO, Mayra (5 August 2014). "Radhamés González lamenta división PRD". Noticias Telemicro. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Partido Revolucionario Mayoritario (en formación) elige voceros bloque diputados". Acento. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Acento-PRM-diputados" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "El PRM será Partido Revolucionario Moderno y no "Mayoritario" como se aspiraba". 7días.com.do (in Spanish). Santo Domingo. 9 September 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Partido Revolucionario Mayoritario solicitará reconocimiento JCE este miércoles". Acento. 15 July 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Cirujano Edgar Contreras aspira a Senador por el PRM". Orgullodominicano.com. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- "Edgar Contreras encabeza acto de juramentación en La Guayiga". Digitalgroup.info. November 27, 2015. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- "“Édgar Contreras es el único candidato que garantiza el triunfo en el Circuito 3”". La Nación. September 2, 2015. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- Revista 110. "Cirujano plástico Edgar Contreras aspirará a senador por PRM". YouTube. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
|This article about a Dominican Republic political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|