Drive (Scott Grimes album)
This article does not cite any sources. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|EP by Scott Grimes|
|Released||July 6, 2010|
|Label||Madjak Entertainment Inc.|
|Producer||Scott Grimes & Dave Harris|
|Scott Grimes chronology|
Drive is the debut EP by American actor/singer/songwriter Scott Grimes, released in 2010.
Drive is the follow-up to his 2005 release, Livin' on the Run. His first release was the 1989 A&M album Scott Grimes. This album features songs written during many personal changes for the writing team of Scott Grimes & Dave Harris. Both men, having gone through divorces in 2006, used that experience as the backbone of this release. Songs like "Back Into You", "Waiting" and "What Love Is" reflect a somber tone, while others like "Hide", "Corner Pub" and "Soon I Will Be Found" are tongue-in-cheek and fun to listen to. One of the album's highlights is the last track, "(I Don’t Wanna) Let You Go" which Grimes & Harris co-wrote with Julian Lennon and John Spinks of The Outfield.
Music and lyrics
Drive, musically and lyrically is a slight departure from Grimes' previous album Livin' on the Run which was more rock-oriented. Drive is a quieter and soft rock-oriented album with more personal lyrics by Grimes & Harris, who both went through divorces during the writing of this album.
- "Hide" (Scott Grimes, Dave Harris) – 3:56
- "Waiting" (Scott Grimes, Dave Harris) - 4:08
- "Back Into You" (Scott Grimes, Dave Harris) - 4:08
- "Soon I Will Be Found" (Scott Grimes, Dave Harris) – 3:45
- "Corner Pub" (Scott Grimes, Dave Harris) – 3:52
- "What Love Is" (Scott Grimes, Dave Harris) - 4:21
- "(I Don’t Wanna) Let You Go" (Scott Grimes, Dave Harris, Julian Lennon, John Spinks) – 3:57
- Scott Grimes - Guitar (acoustic & electric), piano, keyboards, organ, drum programming, synth strings, all vocals, producer & executive producer
- Dave Harris - Executive producer
- John Spinks - Guitar (acoustic & electric)
- Sean O'Dwyer - Mixing & mastering