Duchess Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel|
|Princess August Wilhelm of Prussia|
Luise in 1780
|Born||29 January 1722|
Schloss Bevern, Weser
|Died||13 January 1780 (aged 57)|
Schloss Oranienburg, Berlin, Prussia
|Spouse||Augustus William of Prussia|
|Issue||Frederick William II of Prussia|
Wilhelmina, Princess of Orange
|Father||Ferdinand Albert II, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel|
|Mother||Duchess Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel|
Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (Luise Amalie; 29 January 1722 – 13 January 1780) was daughter of Ferdinand Albert II, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel and his wife Duchess Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel.
On 6 January 1742 she married Prince Augustus William of Prussia, second son of King Frederick William I of Prussia and Sophia Dorothea of Hanover. Prince Augustus William was a younger brother of the reigning Frederick the Great, whose spouse, Luise's own sister, gave him no children. As such, her son was to inherit the Prussian throne in 1786. In her widowhood, she was given the Crown Prince's Palace in Berlin.
Her older sister was Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel-Bevern, wife of Frederick the Great. She was also the sibling of the Queen of Denmark and Norway and the Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel.
- Frederick William II of Prussia (1744–1797) married Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel and had issue. Married Frederica Louisa of Hesse-Darmstadt and had issue.
- Prince Henry of Prussia (1747–1767) died unmarried.
- Princess Wilhelmina of Prussia (1751–1820) married William V, Prince of Orange and had issue.
- Prince Emil of Prussia (1758–1759) died in infancy.
|Ancestors of Duchess Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel|
Titles and styles
- 29 January 1722 - 6 January 1742: Her Serene Highness Duchess Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
- 6 January 1742 - 13 January 1780: Her Royal Highness Princess August Wilhelm of Prussia
- Genealogie ascendante jusqu'au quatrieme degre inclusivement de tous les Rois et Princes de maisons souveraines de l'Europe actuellement vivans [Genealogy up to the fourth degree inclusive of all the Kings and Princes of sovereign houses of Europe currently living] (in French). Bourdeaux: Frederic Guillaume Birnstiel. 1768. p. 51.