East Pleasanton, California
|Elevation||384 ft (117 m)|
East Pleasanton (formerly, East Pleasanton Siding) is an unincorporated community in Alameda County, California. It is located 2.25 miles (3.6 km) east-northeast of Pleasanton, at an elevation of 384 feet (117 m).
This region experiences warm/hot and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, East Pleasanton has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
History of Planning
In 2012 existing land uses of the East Pleasanton planning area consist of the Pleasanton Garbage Service Transfer Station and Recycling Center, the City’s Operations Services Center, some remaining storage of materials on the Kiewit site, three former quarry lakes, and vacant land.
Planning started in July 2012, when the City Council appointed an East Pleasanton Specific Plan Task Force to make recommendations for future land use of quarry property. Three years later, citing concerns about the ongoing drought, traffic impacts, school capacity, and appropriately metering growth in the area, the City Council in June 2015 stopped work on the East Pleasanton Specific Plan. "Any future decision to restart the East Pleasanton Specific Plan process shall occur as part of the regular City Council priority setting meetings."
- "East Pleasanton". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 628. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- Climate Summary for East Pleasanton, California
- "Planning for East Pleasanton". City of Pleasanton. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Pleasanton planning future of quarry property (July 2012)". East Bay Times. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "History of Planning for East Pleasanton (23 February 2017)". The Independent. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
|This Alameda County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|