Kilkare Woods, California
|Elevation||827 ft (252 m)|
|Time zone||UTC−8 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (PDT)|
|†=figure is for zip code|
Kilkare Woods began as a private association of summer cottages. The town lies along Sinbad Creek beside Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, at an elevation of 827 feet (252 meters). The town is only accessible through Sunol by Kilkare Road. 96% of residents of the zip code spoke English as their primary language, while 4% did not. Of those who did not 3% spoke Hindi, and 1% spoke Spanish. Kilkare Woods is served by the CAL FIRE and Livermore-Pleasanton fire departments. Students attend elementary school at Sunol Glen Elementary School in Sunol and high school at Foothill High School in Pleasanton. Law enforcement services are provided by the Alameda County Sheriff's Office.
- "Kilkare Woods (Alameda County, California)". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
"FIPS55 Data: California". FIPS55 Data. United States Geological Survey. February 23, 2006. Archived from the original on June 18, 2006. Retrieved May 10, 2014. External link in
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 648. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- 94586 entry, relocationnow.com, U.S. Census Bureau, Census 2000. Retrieved March 19, 2008.
- Edward G. Brooks, grandson of William Lode, Kilkare Woods maintenance manager, circa 1950s, based on Brooks' first-hand knowledge
- 94586 Archived 2012-12-05 at archive.today, MLA Data Center, American FactFinder, Census 2000, Summary File 3. Retrieved March 19, 2008.
- Victoria Christian (June 7, 2007). "Around Sunol". Sunol.net. Retrieved March 19, 2008.