Hospital in 2000
|Location||Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in Oregon|
Eastmoreland Hospital was a 100-bed medical center in Portland, Oregon, United States. Closed in January 2004 along with sister hospital Woodland Park, the facility was purchased by Reed College and torn down.
Eastmoreland Hospital was established in the 1940s. In 1987, the hospital opened an osteopathic family practice residency for osteopathic physicians. Located in southeast Portland, the hospital was bought by Symphony Healthcare in 2002. By 2004 Symphony was bankrupt and sold the 7 acres (2.8 ha) of land to Reed College for $5.2 million in February 2004. They also auctioned off everything inside the hospital that year. After acquiring the property, Reed College leveled the buildings.
- Jaquiss, Nigel. Doctors Inc. Willamette Week, October 19, 2005
- "About us: About OPSO: Significant Dates in Oregon Osteopathic History". Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of Oregon. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- Moody, Robin J. Troubled Physicians' Hospital sold to investment firm. Portland Business Journal, August 25, 2006.
- Moody, Robin J. Physicians' Hospital opens at former Woodland Park. Portland Business Journal, December 23, 2004.
- Eastmoreland auction. Murphy Auctions. Retrieved on February 28, 2008.
- Master Plan. Reed College. Retrieved on February 28, 2008.
|This article relating to a hospital in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|