Eilean is a 70 foot ketch designed and built in 1936 by William Fife. She was built for the Fulton brothers, who were Scottish steel merchants. The yacht was at some time in the 1960s owned by Hartley Shawcross, who sold her to a yacht charter business in English Harbour, Antigua. She was featured in the music video of the 1982 song "Rio" by British pop band Duran Duran.
In 2006, Angelo Bonati, the CEO of Italian watch manufacturer Panerai saw the boat in English Harbour in a state of disrepair. Bonati arranged for the yacht to be restored. The boat was sent to a shipyard in Italy for restoration. She was re-launched in 2009 as part of an advertising campaign for the Panerai brand. In 2012, some members of original Duran Duran lineup were present when Eilean was included in a "classic yacht regatta" in Antigua.
- Long, Mark (May 29, 2013). "Object of Desire: The Restored Yacht Eilean". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- Heyman, Stephen (May 4, 2012). "Duran Duran Sails Back to 'Rio'". T: The New York Times Style Magazine. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- Ellwood, Mark (October 17, 2017). "Duran Duran video yacht rescued by luxe watch CEO". New York Post. News Corp. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "My Atlantic crossing on Fife ketch Eilean". Classic Boat. April 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- "Eilean's new era: Panerai's restored yacht". Wallpaper*. 11 Nov 2013. Retrieved 26 December 2018. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Nika, Colleen (3 May 2012). "Duran Duran Toast to the Glamour of 'Rio,' 30 Years Later". Rolling Stone. Jann Wenner. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
|This article about a specific civilian ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|