Anaya at the 2015 Miami International Film Festival presentation of Todos están muertos
|Born||Elena Anaya Gutiérrez
July 17, 1975
Palencia, Castilla y León, Spain
|Partner(s)||Tina Afugu Cordero|
|Parent(s)||Juan José Anaya Gómez
Elena Anaya Gutiérrez (born July 17, 1975) is a Spanish actress whose career dates back to 1995. She starred alongside Antonio Banderas in Pedro Almodóvar's The Skin I Live In. She is also known for her lead role in the erotic lesbian romance film Habitación en Roma (Room in Rome).
Anaya was born in Palencia, Castilla y León, Spain. She is the youngest of three children. Her mother, Elena (Nena), is a housewife who later owned a boarding house in Palencia. Her father, Juan José Anaya Gómez (1934–2011), was an industrial engineer.
Her best-known Hollywood film role was as one of Dracula's brides in 2004's Van Helsing. That same year, Anaya was named as one of European films' Shooting Stars by European Film Promotion.
After some "quiet" years playing supporting roles in international films such as Savage Grace and Cairo Time, Anaya roared back into prominence with a starring role in 2010's Room in Rome, and then a return to Almodóvar in The Skin I Live In.
In August 2011, Spanish tabloid magazine Cuore published photographs of Anaya kissing director Beatriz Sanchís at a naturist beach in Menorca. They were reportedly in a relationship from 2008 to 2013. In November 2016, it was announced that Anaya was expecting her first child with her partner, Tina Afugu Cordero, a costume designer. In February 2017, Anaya gave birth to their son.
Awards and nominations
|2002||Goya Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Lucía y el sexo (2002)||Nominated|
|Spanish Actors Union||Film: Supporting Performance||Won|
|2006||Barcelona Film Awards||Best Actress||Fragile (2005)||Nominated|
|2010||Goya Awards||Best Actress||Room in Rome (2010)||Nominated|
|2012||Goya Awards||Best Actress||The Skin I Live In (2011)||Won|
|2016||Premios Platino||Best Actress||La memoria del agua||Nominated|
- Lewis, Tim (14 August 2011). "Elena Anaya: Almodóvar's new leading lady". London: guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- Despiden en la intimidad al padre de Elena Anaya, fallecido ayer en Palencia [Father of Elena Anaya died yesterday in Palencia]. ABC.es. Spain. 17 December 2011. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- Chang, Kee (14 October 2011). "New York Film Festival Exclusive: Elena Anaya". Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- Koenig, Gillian (14 October 2011). "Elena Anaya on Almodóvar's 'The Skin I Live In'". Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- "Justin Timberlake Featuring Timbaland - Making Of SexyBack". 11 April 2011. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "Wonder Woman: Elena Anaya Confirms She's Playing a Villain". 20 September 2016. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "El desnudo de Elena Anaya". 25 August 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- Elena Anaya confirma los rumores sobre su homosexualidad besando a su novia en la playa [Elena Anaya confirms the rumors about his homosexuality, kissing his girlfriend on the beach]. 25 August 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- Parrado, A. (31 August 2011). "Elena Anaya y Beatriz Sanchís, una relación consolidada a lo largo de los años". Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- Elena Anaya y Beatriz Sanchís, fin a cinco años de amor [Elena Anaya and Beatriz Sanchis end five years of love]. 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "En ¡HOLA!, la actriz Elena Anaya sorprende presumiendo de embarazo". 9 November 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "Elena Anaya, embarazada de su primer hijo a los 41 años". 9 November 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "Jon Kortajarena desvela el secreto de Elena Anaya: el sexo de su bebé". 16 November 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "Elena Anaya y su novia, Tina Afugu Cordero, ya son mamás". Retrieved 12 February 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elena Anaya.|