Embassy of Syria, London
|Embassy of the Syrian Arab Republic in London
سفارة الجمهورية العربية السورية في لندن
|Address||8 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8PH|
|Ambassador||N/A - closed|
The Embassy of Syria in London (Arabic: سفارة الجمهورية العربية السورية في لندن) was the diplomatic mission of the Syrian Arab Republic to the United Kingdom. The chancery is located at 8 Belgrave Square of London.
Since the start of the Syrian Civil War the embassy has seen several protests: by those opposed to government of Bashar al-Assad in 2011 and 2012 and by the well-known Islamist Anjem Choudary in 2013. The British government, along with several other countries, expelled the Syrian ambassador in May 2012 in protest at the escalating violence in the country. The embassy is currently closed.
- "The London Diplomatic List" (PDF). 14 December 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-12-11.
- "Syrian Embassy - London". Embassy of Syria in London. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- "London Syrian Embassy 11 March 2011". 11 March 2011.
- Rayment, Sean (4 February 2012). "Violent protests outside Syrian embassy in London over 'massacre'". The Daily Telegraph.
- "Anjem Choudary holds anti Assad Rally at Syrian Embassy in London". 23 August 2013.
- Blair, David (29 May 2012). "Syrian diplomats expelled in coordinated Western action". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- "THE LONDON DIPLOMATIC LIST" (PDF). 3 December 2013.
|This Syria-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a London building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|