Enga Ooru Pattukaran
|Enga Ooru Pattukaran|
|Directed by||Gangai Amaran|
|Produced by||Kalyani Murugan|
|Written by||Sangili Murugan
S. Gajendra Kumar (dialogues)
|Cinematography||K. B. Dayalan|
|Edited by||B. Lenin
V. T. Vijayan
|Distributed by||Meenakshi Arts|
Enga Ooru Pattukaran (English: Singer of Our Town) is a 1987 Tamil drama film directed by Gangai Amaran. The film features Ramarajan, Rekha and Shantipriya in lead roles. The film, produced by Kalyani Murugan, had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 14 April 1987. The film was huge hit.
Shenbagam (Shantipriya), the landlord's daughter, and Seethan (Ramarajan), an orphan milkman, were both in love but they didn't express it directly. Seethan was brought up by Maruthamuthu (Vinu Chakravarthy). When Shenbagam's father decides to engage her with a rich groom, she commits suicide.
Seethan is upset since his lover's death. Maruthamuthu decides to engage him to Kaveri (Rekha). Seethan marries her but he cannot forget Shenbagam.
- Ramarajan as Seethan
- Rekha as Kaveri
- Shantipriya as Shenbagam
- Senthamarai as Shenbagam and Vadakku Vinayagam's father
- Vinu Chakravarthy as Maruthamuthu
- M. N. Nambiar
- Senthil as Vadakku Vinayagam
- Kovai Sarala as Sakku
- S. S. Chandran as Sakku's father
- Venniradai Moorthy as Gopi
- S. N. Parvathi as Shenbagam and Vadakku Vinayagam's mother
- Kallapetti Singaram
- Jaishankar as Manjampetti, Seethan's father (guest appearance)
- Sangili Murugan in a guest appearance
- Dilip in a guest appearance
- Gangai Amaran in a cameo appearance
|Enga Ooru Pattukaran|
|Soundtrack album by Ilaiyaraaja|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by film composer Ilaiyaraaja. The soundtrack, released in 1987, features 8 tracks with lyrics written by Gangai Amaran. Mano sang all the songs and "Shenbagame" remains one of the all time chartbusters of Ilayaraja. "Madurai Marikozhundhu" was reused as "Yamaho" in Telugu film Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari.The song "Shenbagame" was another song reused as "Pavurama" in the Telugu movie "Aa Okkati Adakku"
|1||"Azhagi Nee Perazhagi"||Mano||4:58|
|2||"Enga Ooru Pattukaran"||Ilaiyaraaja||4:28|
|3||"Jinginakku Jinakku"||Mano, S. Janaki||4:32|
|4||"Madura Marikkozhunthu"||Mano, K. S. Chitra||4:41|
|6||"Shenbagame Shenbagame" (male)||Mano||4:32|
|7||"Shenbagame Shenbagame" (female)||Asha Bhosle||7:42|
|8||"Shenbagame Shenbagame" (duet)||Mano, Sunanda||4:27|
- "Filmography of enga ooru pattukkaran". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "Enga ooru Paattukaran". popcorn.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "IndiaGlitz - Ramarajan is back - Tamil Movie News". indiaglitz.com. 2008-07-11. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "IndiaGlitz - Birthday wishes to Gangai Amaran - Tamil Movie News". indiaglitz.com. 2006-12-08. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "Enga Ooru Paatukaaran". thiraipaadal.com. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "Enga Ooru Paatukaran Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "Enga Ooru Pattukaran". hummaa.com. Archived from the original on 25 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-02.