June 21, 1990|
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||174 lb (79 kg; 12 st 6 lb)|
39th overall, 2008|
Eric O'Dell (born June 21, 1990) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing with Metallurg Magnitogorsk of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). O'Dell was originally selected by the Anaheim Ducks in the second round (39th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and has played in the National Hockey League with the Winnipeg Jets.
O'Dell played four seasons (2007-2011) of major junior hockey in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) where he scored 100 goals and 107 assists for 207points in 198 games played. In 2008 O'Dell was selected to play as a member of the gold medal winning Team Canada at the 2008 IIHF World U18 Championships, and during the 2009–10 season he was chosen to represent his team at the OHL All-Star Game.
O'Dell made his professional debut in the American Hockey League with the Chicago Wolves during the 2009–10 season. On June 1, 2010, the Atlanta Thrashers signed O'Dell to an entry-level contract. After the Thrashers relocated at the end of the 2011-12 NHL season, and became the Winnipeg Jets, O'Dell would play three seasons with the St. John's Ice Caps of the AHL. In the 2013–14 season, O'Dell made his NHL debut and on January 11, 2014, O'Dell scored his first NHL goal as member of the Jets against Curtis McElhinney of the Columbus Blue Jackets.
On July 1, 2015, O'Dell left the Jets organization as a free agent and signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Ottawa Senators. O'Dell began the 2015–16 season with affiliate, the Binghamton Senators of the AHL, instantly adding offense to contribute with 37 points in 50 games before on February 27, 2016, O'Dell was traded by the Senators to the Buffalo Sabres as part of a seven-player deal.
Regular season and playoffs
|2006–07||Ottawa Jr. Senators||CJHL||2||1||0||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||39||12||10||22||27||3||0||0||0||2|
|2012–13||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||59||29||26||55||26||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||42||17||25||42||35||21||9||5||14||20|
|2014–15||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||37||14||15||29||34||—||—||—||—||—|
|World U18 Championships|
- "Thrashers sign Eric O'Dell to entry level contract". oursportscentral.com. June 1, 2010. Retrieved May 18, 2012. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Senators agree terms with Forward Eric O'Dell". Ottawa Senators. July 1, 2015. Retrieved July 1, 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Sabres acquire four from Senators". Buffalo Sabres. February 27, 2016. Retrieved February 27, 2016.
- "Eric O'Dell to Sochi" (in Russian). HC Sochi. August 9, 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2016. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Eric O'Dell joins Metallurg" (in Russian). Metallurg Magnitogorsk. May 1, 2019. Retrieved May 1, 2019. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: