|Born||Eva Elisabet Dahlbeck
8 March 1920
|Died||8 February 2008
|Other names||Eva Elisabet Lampell|
|Spouse(s)||Sven Lampell (m. 1944–2007)|
Eva Elisabet Dahlbeck (8 March 1920 – 8 February 2008) was a Swedish actress and author.
Eva Dahlbeck was born in Saltsjö-Duvnäs near Stockholm. She attended the prestigious acting school of the Royal Dramatic Theatre (in Swedish: Dramatens elevskola) from 1941 to 1944, and acted on the Theatre's stage from 1944 to 1964. She made her film debut in the role of Botilla in Rid i natt! in 1942.
Among her most notable roles in Swedish films were the shrewd celebrity reporter Vivi in Kärlek och störtlopp (1946), the working-class mother Rya-Rya in the drama Bara en mor (1949); Mrs. Larsson, the warmhearted mother of seven in the popular children's film Kastrullresan (1950), and the young primary school teacher in Gustaf Molander's Trots (1952) (screenplay by Vilgot Sjöman). In the mid-1950s Dahlbeck was one of Sweden's most popular and successful actresses. She became internationally known for her strong female leads in a number of Ingmar Bergman's films, in particular his comedies Secrets of Women (1952), A Lesson in Love (1954) and Smiles of a Summer Night (1955). In 1965 she won the award for Best Actress at the 2nd Guldbagge Awards for her role in the film The Cats.
In the 1960s Dahlbeck moved away from acting as she started to write. She retired from the stage in 1964 and made her final appearance on screen in the Danish film Tintomara, released in 1970). She published several novels and poems in her native Sweden, and wrote the screenplay for Arne Mattsson's dark film Yngsjömordet (The Yngsjö murder) in 1966.
- 1970 - A Day at the Beach
- 1970 - Tintomara
- 1968 - Markurells i Wadköping (mini series)
- 1967 - People Meet and Sweet Music Fills the Heart
- 1965 - Morianerna (Morianna)
- 1965 - Kattorna (The Cats)
- 1964 - Älskande par (Loving Couples)
- 1964 - För att inte tala om alla dessa kvinnor (All These Women)
- 1960 - Kärlekens decimaler
- 1958 - Nära livet (Brink of Life)
- 1957 - Sommarnöje sökes (Summer Place Wanted)
- 1956 - Last Pair Out (Sista paret ut)
- 1955 - Sommarnattens leende (Smiles of a Summer Night)
- 1955 - Kvinnodröm (Dreams)
- 1954 - En lektion i kärlek (A Lesson in Love)
- 1953 - Foreign Intrigue (TV series) (6 episodes; 1953–55)
- 1953 - Barabbas
- 1953 - The Village
- 1952 - Kvinnors väntan (Secrets of Women)
- 1952 - Trots (Defiance)
- 1951 - Sköna Helena (title role)
- 1950 - Kastrullresan (aka "Pip-Larssons")
- 1950 - Fästmö uthyres (Fiancée for Hire)
- 1949 - Bara en mor (Only a Mother)
- 1948 - Eva
- 1948 - Var sin väg (Each to His Own Way)
- 1947 - Two Women
- 1946 - Love Goes Up and Down (Kärlek och störtlopp)
- 1945 - Den allvarsamma leken
- 1945 - Black Roses
- 1944 - Räkna de lyckliga stunderna blott
- 1942 - Ride Tonight!
- 1999 - Sökarljus ("Searching Lights")
- 1996 - På kärlekens villkor: en vandring i ett laglöst land
- 1991 - Vapenhandlarens död: ett reportage från insidan ("The Armsdealer's Death: An Inside Story")
- 1988 - Serveto och den eviga elden ("Serveto and the Eternal Flame")
- 1980 - I våra tomma rum ("In Our Empty Rooms")
- 1979 - Maktspråket ("The Language of Power")
- 1976 - Saknadens dal
- 1974 - Hjärtslagen ("The Heartbeats")
- 1972 - Med seende ögon ("With Eyes That See")
- 1967 - Domen ("The Verdict")
- 1966 - Den sjunde natten: detaljer (The Seventh Night: Details")
- 1965 - Sista spegeln: preludier ("The Last Mirror: Preludes")
- 1964 - Hem till kaos ("Home To Chaos")
- "Kattorna (1965)". The Swedish Film Database. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "Eva Dahlbeck Dies at 87; Actress in Bergman Films". The New York Times. Associated Press. February 18, 2008.
- Svenskfilmdatabas.se (Swedish Film Database)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eva Dahlbeck.|