|No. 88 – San Antonio Commanders|
|Born:||September 21, 1988|
Bronx, New York
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||239 lb (108 kg)|
|High school:||North Bergen (NJ)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 111|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Evan Junior Rodriguez (born September 21, 1988) is an American football tight end who is currently on the San Antonio Commanders of the Alliance of American Football. He played college football for Temple. He is of Puerto Rican descent.
2012 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in
|4.58 s||4.28 s||6.94 s||36.0 in
|9 ft 11 in
|All values from the NFL Combine|
On June 10, 2013, Rodriguez was released.
The Buffalo Bills signed him on November 4, 2013. On August 29, 2014, they released him in their finals cuts for the 53-man roster.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
San Antonio Commanders (AAF)
During his time at West Virginia, Rodriguez was charged with felony assault in relation to a physical altercation he had with a female residence hall adviser; the charge was later reduced to misdemeanor disturbance and trespassing. He was later arrested for disorderly conduct at Temple in April 2009. On March 21, 2013, Rodriguez was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida for disorderly intoxication and resisting a police officer without violence. Rodriguez had been in Miami to train with some of his teammates, but after his arrest, faced a $1,500 bail. Later in the year, on May 31, Rodriguez was arrested for driving under the influence, speeding and improper lane switching on Interstate 90 in Illinois.
- Villanova, Patrick. "NFL player Evan Rodriguez, of North Bergen, cited in dispute with cops in Florida: report", The Jersey Journal, June 13, 2013. Accessed September 10, 2015. "Current NFL football player and former North Bergen High School star Evan Rodriguez was charged with disorderly intoxication and resisting an officer in Miami Beach early Thursday morning, an NBC affiliate reported. NBC reported that Rodriguez, 24, formerly of North Bergen, was in a car that got into an accident early Thursday morning at the intersection of 6th Street and Alton Road in Miami Beach."
- "Evan Rodriguez Draft Profile â€". Nfl.com. Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- "NFL Videos: 2012 Combine workout: Evan Rodriguez". Nfl.com. February 29, 2012. Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- "Bears pick Rodriguez in fourth round". Chicagobears.com. April 28, 2012. Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- "Bears agree to terms with two draft picks". Chicagobears.com. May 8, 2012. Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- Mayer, Larry (June 10, 2013). "Bears make roster moves". Chicago Bears. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
- Florio, Mike (June 11, 2013). "Dolphins claim Evan Rodriguez". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Eurich, Matt (February 1, 2019). "Former Bears currently on Alliance of American Football rosters". 247Sports.com. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Bears fullback arrested after car crash". Associated Press. March 21, 2013. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- "Evan Rodriguez arrested while training with Bears in Miami". Sports Illustrated. March 21, 2013. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- Wright, Michael C. (May 31, 2013). "Evan Rodriguez arrested for DUI". ESPN. Retrieved May 31, 2013.