Exton station (Pennsylvania)
SEPTA Regional Rail commuter rail station
Exton station in January 2013.
|Location||425 Walkertown Road
Exton, PA 19341
|Operated by||Amtrak & SEPTA|
|Line(s)||Keystone Corridor (Main Line)
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| SEPTA Suburban Bus: 92
Krapf's Transit: Route A
|Parking||643 spaces (555 daily, 88 permit)|
|Bicycle facilities||4 racks (8 spaces)|
|Station code||EXT (Amtrak)|
|Fare zone||4 (SEPTA)|
|Passengers (FY 2017)||151,346 11.7% (Amtrak)|
|Passengers (2012)||586 (weekday boardings) (SEPTA)|
Exton station is a train station in Exton, Pennsylvania, in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. It is served by most Amtrak Keystone Service trains and one daily eastbound Pennsylvanian trip, as well as SEPTA's Paoli/Thorndale Line. The station is located close to the former Whiteland station served by the former Pennsylvania Railroad.
There is no ticket office at the station. Unlike other stations served by SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line trains west of Philadelphia along the former Pennsylvania Railroad Main Line, the station is not located within the built-up portion of the community; it is merely a park-and-ride station along PA 100, near the highway's interchange with U.S. Route 30. There are 643 parking spaces at the station. Parking was last expanded in late 2009.
This station is wheelchair-accessible with short lengths of high-level platforms on both sides of the tracks. The platforms have bridge plates which allow a wheelchair to cross the gap between the platform and the train when it is stopped at the platform. This is 27.7 track miles from Philadelphia's Suburban Station. In 2011, the average total SEPTA weekday boardings at this station was 586.
In late 2013, SEPTA developed renderings of a proposed station improvement plan. The plan calls for near-full-length high-level boarding platforms on the inbound and outbound side of the tracks, a station building to be used as a waiting area, an extended exterior waiting canopy, as well as open-air shelters with glass windscreens.
- "Transportation Planning for the Philadelphia–Harrisburg "Keystone" Railroad Corridor" (PDF). Federal Railroad Administration. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 27, 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Exton Train Station Shuttle Bus".
- "Amtrak State Fact Sheet, FY2017, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- "Fiscal Year 2011 Annual Service Plan" (PDF). SEPTA. pp. 71–72. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 February 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Google Maps
- "Exton Station Improvements" (PDF). Retrieved 18 April 2014.
Media related to Exton station (Pennsylvania) at Wikimedia Commons