Center Valley, Pennsylvania
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Center Valley, Pennsylvania|
Centennial Bridge, March 1996
|Elevation||443 ft (135 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||610 and 484|
|GNIS feature ID||1171463|
Center Valley is an unincorporated community (Census Class Code U6) one mile north of Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, at the intersection of Pennsylvania Route 309 and Pennsylvania Route 378 in Upper Saucon Township, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania in the United States.
Its zip code is 18034.
The Stabler Center, one of the largest areas of land being developed in the Lehigh Valley, is located in Center Valley. In October 2006, The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley, the Lehigh Valley's highest-end outdoor mall, opened for business.
Center Valley also is the location for the headquarters of Olympus Corporation for the Americas, JetPay, and Aesculap, a subsidiary of B. Braun Melsungen, and the Patriot League a college athletic conference, which has 23 sports. The city also holds large regional offices for Dun & Bradstreet and Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company.
Three campuses of higher education are located in Center Valley:
- DeSales University (formerly Allentown College of St. Francis de Sales)
- Penn State Lehigh Valley
- Strayer University (Allentown campus)
- Samuel Torrence - Former president and COO of Just Born, philanthropist, community volunteer
- Ed Freed (1919-2002) - Philadelphia Phillies and minor league baseball player
- Beatrice Kemmerer (1930-2013) - All-American Girls Professional Baseball League player
- "Center Valley". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.