EyeSteelFilm is a Montreal-based Canadian cinema production company co-founded by Daniel Cross and Mila Aung-Thwin, dedicated to socially engaged cinema, bringing social and political change through cinematic expression. Today the studio is run by Co-Presidents Mila Aung-Thwin and Bob Moore.
Notable collective members
- Directors (past and present)
- Laura Bari - director
- Yung Chang - director
- Karina Garcia Casanova - director
- Eric "Roach" Denis - director
- Mia Donovan - director
- Lixin Fan - director
- Omar Majeed - director
- Peter Wintonick - director
- Ryan Mullins - director
- Full feature documentary films
- Short films
|2007||The Colony||Jeff Barnaby||Short film|
|2008||Ali Shan||Yung Chang||Short film|
Films presently in progress include:
- Rainforest: The Limit of Spleandor (by Richard Boyce), Inkulal (by Linda Vastrik), Inventing the Future (by Daniel Cross), Jingle Bell Rocks! (by Mitchell Kezin), Just A Click Away (by Laura Turek), Les Tickets (by Eric "Roach" Denis), Mokhtar (by Halima Ouardiri), Such Great Heights (by Richard Boyce), Turcot (by Daniel Cross)
EyeSteelFilm has received numerous awards from international film festivals and annual television and film awards. EyeSteelFilm has collaborated with international broadcasters including Super Channel, PBS, CBC, National Geographic Channel, The History Channel, BBC, YLE, TV2 Denmark, ZDF ARTE, The Documentary Channel, SBS, etc. They have received support from the Canada Council for the Arts, SODEC, CALQ, and National Film Board of Canada.
- EyeSteelFilm is a RealScreen Magazine Global 100 Company.
- Montreal Mirror arts weekly chose the firm as one of the "Noisemaker"s of 2007.
- EyeSteelFilm founder and president was one of five MIPDOC Trailblazers of 2008.