|Farmer Business Developments|
|Public limited company|
|Traded as||ISEQ: EG7|
|Michael Berkery, Chairman|
Fiona Muldoon, CEO
|Products||General insurance underwriting|
|Revenue||€ 406.3 million (2014)|
|€ (4.5) million (2014)|
|€ (3.3) million (2014)|
FBD Holdings plc is an Irish insurance company. It is quoted on the Irish Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange. FBD also has financial service businesses as well as hotel and leisure property interests. The company is headquartered in Bluebell in Dublin, and it has 34 branch offices throughout the Republic of Ireland.
The company was established in 1969 as Farmer Business Developments offering farm and agri-sector insurance. During the 1970s, the group expanded to include a life insurance broker, a corporate insurance broker and consultancies. In 1988, the various entities were grouped under the umbrella of a holding company, which was subsequently floated on the Irish Stock Exchange.
FBD offers car, home, farm and business insurance. It is Ireland's largest insurer to the agri-sector and the second largest company in the non-health general insurance market.
FBD provides personal finance and finance for businesses.
FBD is an insurance broker mainly in the Food and Agricultural sector, providing risk management and insurance.
FBD holdings is a partner in a joint venture which owns properties in the hotel and leisure industry in Ireland and Spain. In Ireland the FBD Hotel Group owns the Tower Hotel and Faithlegg House Hotel in Waterford, and the Castleknock Hotel and Temple Bar Hotel in Dublin.
- Preliminary Results 2014
- "KBC sells stake in FBD (Ireland)". KBC. 9 March 2005. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011.
- "The €1.5bn insurance king that grew from a £50 note". Irish Independent. 7 June 2007.
- Paddy O’Keeffe steps down from Farmer Business Developments plc Archived 2013-02-17 at Archive.today Irish Farmers Journal, 31 July 2010
- "FBD gains market share as target strategy pays off". Irish Independent. 12 August 2009.
- "FBD to focus on core insurance business". Morning Star. Archived from the original on 2015-02-14.
- "FBD group invests in its flagship Waterford Hotel". The Waterford News & Star. 27 April 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21.