Fairmont Pacific Rim
|Fairmont Pacific Rim|
Fairmont Pacific Rim
|Location||1038 Canada Place|
Vancouver, British Columbia
|Opening||February 4, 2010|
|Management||Fairmont Hotels & Resorts|
|Architectural||139.6 m (458 ft)|
|Floor count||44 (22 hotel)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||James KM Cheng Architects Inc.|
|Developer||Westbank & Peterson Group|
|Number of rooms||377|
Fairmont Pacific Rim is an upscale hotel and condominium building in Vancouver, British Columbia. It stands at 140 m or 44 stories tall and was completed just prior to the 2010 Winter Olympics on February 4, 2010.
The skyscraper, which is part of the Fairmont Hotels and Resorts chain, is located at 1038 Canada Place in Downtown Vancouver in the Coal Harbor neighborhood by the Burrard Inlet waterfront. Right beside the Shaw Tower, it is also attached to the West Building of the Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre. The Southern and Eastern exteriors are wrapped with an art installation of a Liam Gillick poem. Fairmont Pacific Rim was developed by Westbank Corp. and the Peterson Group with architecture by James KM Cheng Architects Inc.
This is the fourth Fairmont Hotel in the Vancouver Metropolitan Area. The hotel occupies the first 22 floors of the 44 storey building, with the remaining floors being condominiums. There are a total of 175 residential condominium units beginning from the 23rd floor. The entrance for the residential units is located at 1011 Cordova Street W.
The condominiums were sold at a price of $2,100 per square foot, one of the highest in Canada at the time.
- New Fairmont Pacific Rim Readies To Open Their Doors in Vancouver Archived March 5, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Fairmont Pacific Rim Vancouver, Vancouver - SkyscraperPage.com". skyscraperpage.com. Retrieved 2019-10-07.
- "Poetry embraces Vancouver hotel tower" Archived 2012-11-07 at the Wayback Machine, Vancouver Sun, August 28, 2008.
- "Fairmont Pacific Rim Condos for Sale | Fairmont Living with Dave Jenkins Real Estate". www.fairmontliving.ca. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- "A Building Boom to Welcome the Winter Games", New York Times, January 13, 2008.
- "Fairmont Pacific Rim Condos for Sale". Dave Jenkins' Wordpress Blog. 2016-10-20. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "King of high-price condos coming to town", Toronto Star, February 10, 2007.
- Almasy, Steve (15 July 2013). "'Glee' star Cory Monteith found dead in hotel in Canada". CNN. Retrieved 29 March 2020.
|This article about a hotel or resort in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in British Columbia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Vancouver-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|