Hyatt Regency Vancouver
|Hyatt Regency Vancouver|
Hyatt Regency in 2015
655 Burrard Street|
Vancouver, British Columbia
|Number of rooms||644|
|Hyatt Regency Vancouver Official Site|
The Hyatt Regency Vancouver, located at 655 Burrard Street, is a 644-room hotel connected to the Royal Centre complex in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Today, it is the 27th tallest building in Downtown Vancouver.
Built in 1973, the Hyatt Regency Vancouver is a 35 floor tower standing at 359 feet or 109 metres. It was Vancouver's tallest hotel from 1973 to 2001. It has the largest number of hotel rooms in one building.
1998 'Riot at the Hyatt'
In the week preceding this event posters were put up around town inviting people to a 'Riot at the Hyatt'. At the event crowds surrounded the hotel where Prime Minister Jean Chrétien was speaking. Vancouver police waded into the crowd of demonstrators and, according to critics, "beat them with wooden nightsticks". Several young people were injured. The Vancouver police investigated the matter for over a year and eventually issued a report concluding that the victims’ complaints of excessive force were unsubstantiated.
- "Downtown Vancouver Hotels, British Columbia Accommodations & Reservations – Hyatt Regency". Vancouver.hyatt.com. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- "Vancouver Skyscraper Diagrams". Skyscraperpage.com. Retrieved August 20, 2014.
- Norris, Mary (November 19, 2003). "PerformanceXpress". PerformanceXpress. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- "J". Punchin.com. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- Handmade :: Craft | Decorating | Sewing | Quick and Easy Projects | Homemade Recipes | Kids and Scrapbooking Projects Archived July 20, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery: Strategies, Formulation and Production for a Changing Industry[dead link]
- Lane, Judith (December 2, 2004). "NULL". Straight.com. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- "Gingerbread Heaven". The Vancouverite. Archived from the original on January 6, 2009. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- "boston » Miss604's Vancouver Blog by Vancouver Blogger Rebecca Bollwitt". Miss604.com. July 2, 2007. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- World Record Bread – Largest Sandwich Longest Bread Twist and more – Holsum Bakery of Arizona Archived September 22, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Hyatt Regency Vancouver, Vancouver". Vancouver /: Emporis.com. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- A. Cameron Ward (February 10, 2012). "Police routinely use public money to investigate and clear themselves". A. Cameron Ward & Co. Blog. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- CBC News (December 9, 1998). "Riot cops bloody Chretien protesters". cbc.ca. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
|This article about a hotel or resort in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in British Columbia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Vancouver-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|